Friday, June 8, 2012

Socks, again

Hey y'all! Don't you get tired of seeing socks when you come here? Seems like I venture into something a little different once in awhile but always come back to socks. They're my "safe" place I guess.

Here's the progress on sample sock #3...
ready to start the heel turn. I was hoping to get this sock done by the open house at Yarn Hollow tomorrow but don't think I can knit a whole foot that fast.

This one...
is my "don't have to think while I knit" sock. It's good for sitting and chatting and pretending I'm knitting while I mostly chat.

And I've been doing a bit of spinning too...
ready to ply these as soon as I find a couple of hours to do so. Left bobbin is "Mayim Bialik" dyed by Rule Out Fiber Addiction, 100% Corriedale and the right bobbin is 100% Cormo (so soft it's ridiculous!).
We've reached the graduation and open house season here and this weekend will be busy. I'll bet by Sunday I'll really be ready for some spinning with friends and some good conversation.

What are your weekend plans? Do they include something fibery? I hope it's a great one for all of you.

You're invited to check out all the other talented folks that participate in Fiber Arts Friday over on Andrea's blog...Wisdom Begins In Wonder.  Thanks for stopping by and be sure to say hello in the comments.

Hey! I'm so glad to see you all! Would you like some big wet kisses?
Yawn...that's enough...I'm bored...where's my treats?


**as always click on the pics to biggie-size them

11 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

I saw your bobbins on FB last night. Can't wait to see them plied. I need to get some more Cormo to spin. It's been too long.

Heather Woollove said...

"Never, never, never!" Your socks are awesome...and
anyway, how could I judge you when I always come back to purses?!?! Giggle.

Ruth Hilton-Robinson said...

That beautiful turquoise sock! How could someone get fed up of looking at such a lovely? I'll look forward to seeing many more, please come on over to the Fortress of Knittitude and say hi ;-)

Melissa said...

I enjoy seeing your socks since I seem to be in shawl mode and have been using my sock yarn for that.

Hope you have a great weekend and find some time for more spinning so we can see that finished yarn.

Alittlebitsheepish said...

I honestly never tire of seeing hand knit socks, they are super

Vivian said...

Really love the stitch patterns on that sample sock. I think my "safe place" is cables, never get tired of them and can always come back to them if I can't do anything else.

It's WWKIP weekend, I hope to see some knitters around town!

Voie de Vie said...

I mostly like seeing the socks as a vehicle for stitches and great colorways. Of course, you won't see me making socks anytime soon. :)

Have a great weekend ... and don't forget LittleDog's treats!

Nichole said...

Happy FaF! I've been following your socks on instagram... lol

Spinster Beth said...

You've been busy!

I can't decide which sock I like best ... :-/

Truly Myrtle said...

Your sample sock is coming along nicely - it looks great!
Oh, your spinning is lovely!! I hope I get to be as good as you one day :)

Kathryn Ray said...

I'm always happy to see your socks... though, I'm not sure which I like better. ;-)