Friday, July 20, 2012

Back to the fibery stuff

Hello! Welcome to my version of Fiber Arts Friday. Please leave a comment so I know you've been here. Be sure to check out all the other creative folks over at Wisdom Begins in Wonder.

Thanks for stopping by with your anniversary wishes, I really appreciate your kind wishes for my back to be better. Vivian, I did get the donut but it was totally not tasty enough to make the backache worth it. I'm feeling pretty much back to normal now. Over the years I've learned to ignore it and it'll go away when it's ready to, usually after 2 or 3 days of stabbing me occasionally.

We're back to all things fibery this week, with a possible mention of a certain four legged creature later.

I finished my stripey sock and I've cast on a couple of new projects recently and am making pretty good progress with the knitting.

Crescent Shawl with my handspun from Emily's fiber.
Fascine Braid sock for Yarn Hollow is growing slowly...I love this pattern, a lot!
We finally got some rain today but not before every single thing in the backyard was burnt to a crisp. I guess there's always next year for having a pretty yard.

I've got a couple of potential baby projects swirling in my head...can't decide between the Serenity Blanket, one of which I've already made and the Owlie Sack & Hat.  Any opinions would be welcome, thank you.

LittleDog really wanted some popcorn this week...
how could I say no to that face? I love him so.

13 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

oooh, I am really loving those socks you are knitting for Rita and the color of that yarn.

Baby items? Oh, I am totally not the one to ask. I'd knit a bazillion cute little hats.

Stitched Together said...

That sock is beautiful. The serenity blanket has definitely piqued my curiosity too. It looks like a lovely knit and a beautiful finished item.

Heather Woollove said...

Love, love, love the sock!! The color is spectacular, too!

Sarah H. said...

The Owlie sack is cute, but will quickly be outgrown. I say go with the blanket :)

Grace said...

I agree that the sack while adorable looks fun to knit but a blanket will grow and stay with the child a lot longer, the socks are lovely and the yarn you are using for the shawl is heavenly

Cathy said...

Love your sock, the pattern looks very interesting. The Owlie sack is so cute, I'd be tempted to make that one. But then, yeah, it will be outgrown very soon... oh dear, I'm not being very helpful here... anyway, hope your back's feeling better :-)

Kathryn Ray said...

I agree. The sock is awesome!

Vivian said...

Definitely yes for LittleDog and popcorn!

The braid sock is beautiful, checking out the pattern soon.

I've been eyeing the Owlie Sack for some time. It's insanely adorable, maybe not very practical, but how many baby things are ;-)

Nichole said...

I hope Little Dog got to enjoy the popcorn! :) Pretty projects!

ayarnlovingmomma said...

Really loving your projects. The socks are dreamy ... and one of my favourite colours :)

Spinster Beth said...

Those socks are just stunning...wow!

Kim R said...

Love the socks! and Little Dog too....mine love popcorn too!

Voie de Vie said...

I know I couldn't say no to that face! Hope LittleDog savored his popcorn (ok, if inhaling = savoring to a dog).

And I love the yarn for the shawl.