Friday, July 6, 2012

Taking a Tour

Greetings! Are you participating in Tour de Fleece? If you're not a spinner it's a collective effort at improving your spinning skills while the cyclists ride the Tour de France. Not nearly as much physical effort involved in the "fleece" version but it can be taxing to one's brain. I've been a bit distracted lately and had a difficult time deciding on a goal for this year's Tour. Finally I decided that I'd just spin along and see what happens.


I think this is going to be oh-so-pretty. It's from Celeste's CVM/Romeldale Farm. I purchased this at the Ann Arbor Fiber Expo last year. The color is pretty true on my monitor so I'm hoping you'll get a good representation on yours.

What fibery things are you doing lately? Are you doing the Tour? If you're looking to get some ideas and inspiration hop on over to Wisdom Begins In Wonder and check out the folks that Andrea hosts for Fiber Arts Friday.

It's been ridiculously hot here...predicted to be 103 today. The dogs are suffering a bit even though the a/c is running non-stop. I dread seeing the electric bill.
Hot Dogs

Enjoy your weekend! Thanks for stopping by.
Woof Woof!

13 comments:

Heather Woollove said...

Pretty shade of rose...and this heat...I'm surprised that you can even stand to spin in it!! I'm working all weekend, but I may not have been thinking 'wool', even if I were off! XXO-

Nichole said...

What a beautiful shade of pinky/rose! :) Hello to the furbabies! Hope you all have a great weekend!

Dutch Hollow said...

goals? Bah, I never set any. Love the spin and see how it goes way too. Lovely color btw.

Melissa said...

Yes I'm touring right along. What a full bobbin and I really like the color.

Hot dogs.....cute

Vivian said...

The yarn is very pretty! Hope LittleDog will stay cool. Bucky used to get confused when it's hot, like we did something to him to make him so uncomfortable.

Margaret said...

I too, have had an exposed pug belly lying around my house. The heat really gets to them.

Kathryn Ray said...

Why are you not playing with us on the Team of Wonder?

WonderWhyGal said...

Your bobbin looks lovely.
It's going to be a gorgeous yarn.

Kristyn said...

I am spinning 15 minutes a day on my drop spindle. I am actually seeing some improvement.

Voie de Vie said...

Poor pups! They need a little pool of their own. :)

And happy spinning - no goal necessary. Just have fun. Ok, so there *is* at least one goal. :)

Spinster Beth said...

It's going to be hot all weekend here in B-more, then Monday it goes back down into the 80s. I've never in my life anticipated a Monday this much.

Happy spinning! I'm sitting the Tour out this year. Too hot!

Lovely shade of rose!

Carrie Duvall said...

All these lovely ladies touring...I am green...maybe one day I will be a spinner.


With All That I Am
Carrie "The Handmade Homemaker"

Kathryn Ray said...

Hi Ally - I was given a Lovely Blog award, and want to pass it on to you... Because well, you ARE lovely. :-)

http://kathrynsbrain.blogspot.com/2012/07/one-lovely-blog-award.html