Friday, July 13, 2012

Staycation #2, 2012

Hello folks. FAF stuff is at bottom...

Meanwhile, another staycation is coming to a close. The Saint has been off this week too so we got to go fishing a couple of  times. We caught a few fish. It was fun despite the fact that I got a little too much sun and yesterday morning I blew my back out reaching for a damn donut! I hate it when that happens. ugh

Anyway, here's a couple of fishing pics...

Prettiest Bluegill we've ever caught. I wish the light had been better so you could really see what a pretty blue that is on the head.
Wednesday our Grand-daughter went with us. Here's her trophy-size perch. We did catch a few larger than this one but not many. 
I swear this child grew in the two weeks since I saw her last. Making a half-ass attempt at kid measurement I think she's 5'8" now and she's only 13! She has to bend down to hug me, LOL The top of my head fits under her chin.

A catfish was the cham-peen fish of the day.
I haven't done much fibery stuff since The Saint and I have been on staycation together.  He's not really into the fibery stuff. 


Today, Friday the 13th, marks our 13th Wedding Anniversary. Check out the "wedding cake".
In fibery news...I have made some progress on my sock this week...almost ready to start the toe...
LittleDog is not impressed. I have to tink a couple rows before starting the toe. Otherwise, it will be too long and I don't like too-long socks!

I also picked up yarn and a pattern for the next Yarn Hollow sample sock. Yarn is Lime Chrome and the pattern is Fascine Braid.
What have you been doing this past week? I love reading everyone's FAF blog entries. Thank you all so much for the inspiration you provide with what you do.


Thank you also for stopping in. Be sure to check out all the other fiber peeps at Wisdom Begins In Wonder. Andrea does a great job every week hosting us all.

11 comments:

Kathryn Ray said...

Happy Anniversary!

My nephew has done the same thing recently... all of a sudden, he's a foot taller. ;-)

I like that new green yarn.

Paula said...

Happy anniversary! And congrats on all the spoils from the fishing trip. Awesome sock, too!

MarmePurl said...

Happy Anniversary!

Vivian said...

Happy Anniversary!

Henry is not quite 5'4, but he warned me he's going to have a growth spurt this summer. we'll see ;-)

Sorry about your back, hope you got the donut!

Nichole said...

Happy Anniversary! Love Staycations!

Voie de Vie said...

I'm with Vivian - I do hope you got that donut! Happy anniversary to you and the Saint. It looks like the staycation was good, fishy fun.

Julie said...

I am inviting to share this with my blog hop, Show your Stuff:
http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/07/show-your-stuff-32-molasses-white.html

WonderWhyGal said...

Happy Anniversary!

Love the staycation photos. We haven't done much fishing this summer...we really need to.

I need to get back to my socks...

Spinster Beth said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the sock ... the colors are awesome!

Kristyn said...

Happy anniversary!

Kathleen said...

I'm not a fish person, but that really is a pretty bluegill! And oh my gosh, I can't believe your granddaughter is so tall! I'm only 5'2", and never gettin' any taller, at this point. ;)

And I love your sock, and your anniversary photo, which is making me grin ear to ear. Thanks for sharing.