Friday, July 27, 2012

FAF 7/27/12

Wow, I can not believe that it's the end of the week again already. Where did it go? Srsly. It's time for another bunch of Fiber Arts Friday posts over on Andrea's blog called Wisdom Begins in Wonder. You should go check them out. There's some pretty creative folks that gather over there every single Friday.

Thank you for stopping by. Hopefully you'll find something interesting or inspiring.

I've been knitting like crazy on this Crescent Shawl. I'm getting close to being done and running out of yarn, eep. Let's hope the done part comes first.
Looks kinda like a watermelon, don't you think? That was totally not my intention...

A friend is expecting a baby in a few weeks and I was looking for a pattern for a car seat blanket. Since there wasn't one I really liked I'll be designing one myself...
gotta start with an impressive stitch right? I'll show you what I decide on next week.


Do you use earbuds? Do you get tired of them tangling on themselves? I ran across this project on Pinterest and thought I'd give it a try...

works great, no tangles. Do you recognize the yarn? You could win a little prize of you guess correctly.

Last but certainly not least...LittleDog has a crusty nose again. We've been rubbing the salve on it every day. Oh the things a pug has to deal with.
"Don't look at my nose crust, DON'T!"


Have a great weekend!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love tha shawl first thing I thought was it looks like a watermelon :D. Rena

Kim Rickards said...

Looks like the ear buds are the same yarn as the Crescent Shawl..which is very nice. Kiss to Little Dogs nose! :) Kim

Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

I'm working on one of those Crescent Shawls, too - I love your fruit slice!
Poor Little Dog - hope his nose feels good soon!

Cathy said...

Thought you wanted a watermelon, LOL! Yeah, the yarn for the earbuds is defo same as the watermelon ahem Crescent Shawl ;-)

stitchin' girl said...

I simply love your shawl - and yes, I too think it looks like a watermelon. I can't wait to see what you come up with for the crib blanket and what a clever idea to cover the wire on your ear buds!

ericajo said...

Ear bud yarn looks like your ugly socks!
I've been thinking of investing in the Vogue Stitcionaries- are they worth it?

Nichole said...

lol, yes I posted it looks like a watermelon on Instagram... so cute! LOVE the ear bud cozy!

RobinBrz said...

Totally thought - Watermelon! And ear buds are the hot thing this week - I've seen them all over for knitters and hookers. It's a great easy way to spend an evening don't you think?

Spinster Beth said...

Tell Little Dog not to be embarrassed. I put pink temporary hair dye on my doggie's ears.

I have to go get some watermelon now, brb.

Kathryn Ray said...

Haha... I was going to say it looked like a watermelon too. ;-)

The yarn looks like the watermelon yarn, but the color is not in the same order. So, I don't know.

WonderWhyGal said...

LOVE that shawl! The colors are great. I love the earbud protector too. I've considered those for my kids.

Is that yarn from your Ugly Socks?

Kathleen said...

I love the colours of that crescent shawl, and I definitely need to try that earbud-covering thing.

Voie de Vie said...

Ooooh Little Dog! It will get better, and don't be embarrassed.

I'm going with the ugly socks yarn as well - it's looking way better in this project. :)

And I love the fruit slice shawl!

Vivian said...

Me thinks you should call the shawl Watermelon ;-) I'll go with Ugly Socks yarn for the ear buds too. Looks like the same colors and similar way of the color repeats.

Poor LittleDog, Bucky had dry nose from time to time, and we put baby oil on there, which he promptly licked off. Hope it gets better soon.