Friday, August 3, 2012

It's like a new nose...

LittleDog would like to thank you all for the well wishes for his crusty nose. Just a couple days of salve application got it all fixed up.
Yay, no more crust!
don't adjust your sets...Mom doesn't know how to focus her iPhone

Today's post is part of Fiber Arts Friday, a blog gathering hosted by Andrea over at Wisdom Begins in Wonder. Pay her blog a visit and check out all the creative peeps that post there.

Several of you guessed right that the earbuds where covered with the remants of the Ugly Sock yarn. I'm already planning a different cover so you'll be seeing it soon, I hope.

I'm knitting on three projects at the same time...there will be no knitting boredom around here!  I knit about 8 more rounds on the Fascine Braid sock only to tink back 5 of them last night, ugh. 
I wasn't paying attention to the instructions as I was distracted by the Olympic Games.  I just can't get enough of that sports coverage. First time I'd ever seen Judo...still don't get it. And what's up with that little bitty table tennis table? Where's the rest of it? It's like miniature table tennis...almost expected to see a waterfall or a pirate ship somewhere.

The next big blankie project is underway...
pattern is Serenity Blanket and is available on Ravelry. Yarn is Cascade 220 Superwash, size US 7 needles. I'm just about to the point where I need to switch to circular needles. This is a beautiful blanket when done. I cursed the first one I made but it was totally my fault for watching NCIS while I was knitting.

I've gotten into the next color on the Watermelon Crescent Shawl. I'm hoping to have enough yarn left to finish but it may be a case of yarn chicken toward the end.
This ball of handspun is a bit smaller than a baseball...cross your fingers.

And for my friends who can't get enough of the pug...
and the glamour shot for the week...
pretty dang handsome, hunh? Mwah!

16 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

ahhh! I do adore your dog! Look at all of those projects. I hope you have enough yarn for that shawl, I LOVE how it looks. That yarn for the socks is scrumptious too. Lucky you getting to see all of the Olympic coverage. I keep getting swimming.

Cathy said...

Glad to see your dog's got his nose back ;-) he looks so much happier. Can't wait to see your finished serenity blanket, quite an undertaking by the look of it. I'm glued to the tv as well, and I can't get Judo either!

Heather Woollove said...

The watermelon shawl is going to be amazing!! XXO-

Mary said...

I have been thinking about that Cascade Superwash..I may have to put it on my wish list..I'm took an oath to use stash first..well, I did have my fingers crossed..

Vivian said...

LittleDog is so handsome!

I can't work on anything complicated when I watch Olympics or I'd make a mess of it. Your Watermelon Shawl looks great!

Nichole said...

Yay for happy noses! Who will be the lucky recipient of the baby blanket? I need to finish up the car seat blanket that's been on my needles for YEARS (literally) and give it to a friend who's baby boy was born in July.

Alittlebitsheepish said...

Glad little dog is feeling better. You have some great projects on the go

kim rickards said...

Happy to see Little Dog's nose is better. The blanket looks like an interesting pattern..a gift for someone?

Andria said...

Love your projects, and your dog!! So glad he's nose is recovered, crusty nose is no fun! That watermelon shawl is the most wonder colours.

AllyB said...

The more interesting sports are on early in the morning.

AllyB said...

The blanket is for a special friend that's due end of September. I'd better get crackin

AllyB said...

Yes, the blanket will be for a friend that always makes me laugh.

Voie de Vie said...

LittleDog is indeed looking his old handsome self again.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for your shawl too - it really is looking lovely.

Catherine said...

I LOVE the serenity blanket, its going to be fabulous. Its far too big and difficult a project for me to knit (I've only just began to make a small shawl) but perhaps one day...

Margaret said...

Lovely fiber projects and such a handsome pug! Glad to see there's no more crusty nose.

Kathryn Ray said...

That last shot of Little Dog is awesome.

I haven't seen any Judo coverage, but it just looks like a bunch of rolling on the ground to me. ;-)

The craziest event I've seen is the 2-man white water kayak.

But I'm really happy it's time for Athletics now. :-)