Friday, August 24, 2012

FAF 8/25/12

This post is part of Fiber Arts Friday. Be sure to check out all the creative folks that post over at Wisdom Begins In Wonder where Andrea is a fabulous hostess.

Hello! I'm so glad you stopped by. By the time this is posted I'll be hanging at the hospital with The Saint. He's having foot surgery and we have to be there at 7:40am... I better get my knitting packed up.

I hope you've had a great week and are looking forward to a fun weekend.

I've been knitting like a crazy person so haven't been spinning much. I'm knitting the heel flap on my second orange/red stripey socks,
I knit a swatch for a sweater I want to knit (yeah, yeah, no smarty comments about swatching)
and have done quite a few rounds on the Serenity Blanket. (worsted weight yarn on size 7 circs)
Last weekend I went to Michigan Fiber Festival...saw lots of fiber friends, beautiful yarn and fiber and some animals. Not sure why but I didn't take a single picture.  Here's the SwampThing I bought though...
Today I found two new projects I want to tackle some time soon...this and this.

This weekend is the big AQS Quilt Show here in town...hopefully I'll get a chance to get over there and check out all the pretty quilts (900 of them!). Can't imagine seeing all of them but I'd like to see a few.

What are your plans for the weekend? Any new knitting projects floating around in your head?

Whatever it is you're up to, I hope it will be fun!

Toodles!


12 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

Look at you go, busy woman!
Wishing The Saint a hassle free morning and speedy healing.

Loving all of your projects. I am still knitting the last sock of my quest. I am running out of steam in a major way.

I'll be at the Scottish Festival in Kalamazoo this weekend demonstrating spinning with the weavers guild.

Cathy said...

I love knitting socks on long circulars, so much easier. That fibre you've got has interesting colourways, looking forward to see it all spun up. Hope everything goes well for The Saint!

Alittlebitsheepish said...

Hope the surgery went ok. Lovely projects anbd the fibre is gorgeous. Also howdy little dog :)

Nichole said...

Beautiful projects! Hope the Saint is resting well! Hello Little Dog!

Vivian said...

Love that blanket pattern! The thing about center-out project is the rows get longer and longer, and in the end it takes like a life time to knit a row.

Well healing thoughts to The Saint!

Voie de Vie said...

Oop - hope all goes well with the Saint's foot. I love that Swamp thing you picked up at the festival last weekend.

And LittleDog is cute as evah! I love his black and white self near your bio. :)

Jeanny House said...

That Serenity Blanket is gorgeous! As someone said above, though, I don't envy you when you get to the outside rows. Uffda!

Hope all goes well for The Saint.

Kathryn Ray said...

I hope the Saint's surgery went well and that you had lots of knitting time.

That sweater is going to be gorgeous.

stitchin' girl said...

You are super organized!! Love the color of those socks. And the beginning of that blanket is so pretty.

Good luck on the surgery.

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Oh that Serenity blanket is beautiful...I finished my socks tonight..on to the second Jaywalker...can't wait to see your sweater

Shadow Byrd said...

You've been super busy!! I can't wait to see that fiber spun up. :)

Spinster Beth said...

Blessings on the Saint ... hope he is okay!

You've been very busy. I love the serenity blanket ... and the socks ... and the doggie ...