Friday, September 14, 2012

Her bag was packed...

and she was ready to go.
I sold my Ashford Traditional. Now I can order a jumbo flyer for my LadyBug. By selling my jumbo flyer and asking my family for a gift card to Paradise Fibers for my birthday, which they so nicely got, I have enough $$ to order the jumbo flyer today! Didn't have a use for the Traditional anymore so was able to make another spinner super happy by selling it to her.

This week's staycation line-up...I finished these socks last night...

Did some spinning with the drop spindle that my friend Emily gave me...the fiber is 100% Corriedale
and made pretty good progress on the Serenity Blanket. I'm well into the second ball of yarn.
Up next on the sock needles will be this Opal yarn from Rain Forest collection #2.
The Saint's stitches came out today so he's happy to be wearing his Crocs and socks now (he definitely doesn't care about fashion). On Wednesday we smoked a few salmon...
and of course LittleDog has to get his two cents worth in...
"I want equal time with that knitting, Lady!"

Thank you for stopping in to see what's up here. If you'd like to see what my fibery friends are up to lately hop on over to Wisdom Begin In Wonder and check out the blog circus for Fiber Arts Friday. Have a wonderful weekend!

12 comments:

Kim Rickards said...

Happy Birthday..one day late! Lucky you with your new gift. Kim

thistledown musings said...

Cute socks. And cute dog.

Heather Woollove said...

Love the socks...and the 'fish looks delish'!! It was your birthday?!? Happy belated birthday, my friend!! XXO-

Vivian said...

Belated Happy Birthday! LittleDog deserves equal time with the salmon, or rather, knitting ;-)

Nichole said...

Love the socks! Hope you've had a wonderful staycation!

MarmePurl said...

I was going to gush over the new spinning toys, the socks, the yarn, the spindles...but then I saw the smoked salmon and began to DROOL.

Voie de Vie said...

I'm with MarmePurl - the salmon looked smokin' sweet! I'm surprised LittleDog didn't get into *that* - I know my George Bailey would have given it his best shot. :)

Kathryn Ray said...

Crocs and Socks is a good look. I wear it often. :-)

Cathy said...

Happy belated birthday!! What a wonderful idea to get your whole family to chip in for something you really love... nice socks, lovely fleece (beautiful colour) and yummy smoked salmon... my you have been busy! Pet to the little dog :)

WonderWhyGal said...

I saw the salmon photo on fb and my mouth just watered. Goodbye Traditional. I've debated about selling my Elizabeth. She just sits...she was my first wheel.

Love the socks and the drop spindle.

Spinster Beth said...

Happy birthday! Love the socks!

Keri said...

Happy belated birthday!! And those are great socks.