Friday, September 7, 2012

Friday before vacation...

and I'm holding my breath. Can't wait to have the week off. Not sure I'll get much done with Franken Foot around the house but won't have to answer the alarm every morning for a week and that will be nice. Speaking of Franken Foot, he's progressing well...not as good as if he followed the Drs instruction and stayed off his feet but better than nothin. Some of the stitches came out today and more will come out next week. He's got a serious case of cabin fever but as of this date has not given in to my suggestion of learning to crochet...I'll have to work on him next week while I'm home :)

I've been doing a bit of knitting and thinking about spinning.  Here's this weeks knitting progress...

Serenity Blanket-top pic is most true to color
yes, it's another swatch - I think I got the row gauge pretty close this time

When I went to AGS to knit with friends on Tuesday I came away with some pretty awesome stuff.  Emily gave me a bottom-whorl spindle and Michelle gave me a braid of Yarn Hollow fiber that she wants me to spin for her. It was quite amusing to me since I had on a purple shirt that night too...
Well, I have to get back to tagging favorites over on Ravelry...I can't believe I had over 500 favorites and of course, they all needed tags. Now I can search through my favorite hats, sweaters, socks without having to go through all the other stuff that's in there. I'm sure I didn't need to tag all of them in on night but it just goes with my overly-organized tendencies. :)

Jump on over to Wisdom Begins in Wonder and see what some other creative peeps are up to.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Smooches from LittleDog and grand-dog Early!

13 comments:

Kathy said...

Tag? Is that how we organize our favorites? I thought they had someone who came through in the wee hours and did it for me.

I did start to tag mine and then added more and was too tired to tag the new ones. :(

Kathryn Ray said...

I haven't done any tagging of my favorites. I'm not even sure what I would tag them with other than Hat, Scarf, Socks... sometimes I really am an engineer. ;-)

fiberdance said...

the knitting is lookin good-and can't wait to see that purple made into yarn-yummy color

Cathy said...

What a busy week you've been having! I bet you'll be busier during your week off, LOL. Lovely spindle and roving, they match... would love to see you spinning a purple yarn on a purple spindle wearing a purple shirt ;)

Nichole said...

That blanket is stunning... wonderful progress! And did I mention I love the color (I do adore non typical "baby" colors for baby items)? Happy Friday and Happy VACATION!

Vivian said...

The blanket is seriously pretty, I had to add it to my favorites on Ravelry. I tag them (you can tag them anything you want, Kathryn), but I never seem to find anything when I look for them. Guess that's just my random self ;-)

Voie de Vie said...

That blanket is seriously going to rock.

And tagging favorites? Huh? Tooooo much effort involved. Fav and move on. :) Although I tend to have a pretty good memory most of the time, so if I've faved something, I usually remember it.

Scruffies to LittleDog!

WonderWhyGal said...

Yikes! I don't even want to think about how bad my lack of tagging has been.

Your blanket is looking great and that swatch is beautiful too.

Pooch said...

Your week's knitting is lovely, mossy, and inviting. Really like your colorful swatch too!

:)

Ginx Craft said...

Your blanket is lovely. Amazing texture. What is it with men? I've suggested teaching my husband to knit, and he just laughs, as if I've said something completely ludicrous.

Alittlebitsheepish said...

The green of your blanket is just gorgeous.

Keri said...

Enjoy your week off. It is well deserved.

katie metzroth said...

What are you swatching for? That Serenity blanket looks really pretty! :)