Friday, October 12, 2012

FAF 10 12 12

Phew, we've made it to another Fiber Arts Friday. It's been a crazy week for me as I've been trying to get acclimated in my new (yes, I have moved office again at work) workspace. Along with the new space came painters 2 days this week and lots of chaos. Tomorrow we'll be able to push everything back against the walls and have some breathing room in there. I've not been knitting much this week since my neck and shoulder are killing me from the difference in the desk height. Finally got to see the massage therapist today and she said my shoulder felt like solid rock. Guess I'll be seeing her again soon, LOL

I did take a class to learn Cat Bordhi's Sweet Tomato Heel last Saturday. Now that I have one of my Lizard socks...

done I can do a toe-up cast-on for a new sock and try out that heel for realz. Looks super nice and is super fast...no heel flap, no gusset. If you'd like to see how it works, here's a video linky. We made tiny heels in class and I finished the wee sock when I got home.
For those of you who missed LittleDog last week here's a couple pics for you.

Have a great week and don't forget to check out the other creative peeps participating in Fiber Arts Friday over at Andrea's blog...Wisdom Begins In Wonder.

11 comments:

Heather Woollove said...

New techniques are always fun, aren't they? I'll be heading off to take another garment class soon
(or should I say "none too soon?!?" Giggle. XO-

Crafty Gardener said...

Nice socks. I've got a couple of pair on the go as well.

Cathy said...

Lovely socks! And thanks for sharing the video, I'm always keen to learn new ways to make socks and this is cool!

Nichole said...

Little Dog is such a good little helper, and great prop for your knitting photos! ;)
Happy FaF!

Vivian said...

The little socklette is just so adorable. Hope you feel better soon, more massage is good!

Alittlebitsheepish said...

Great sock, and cute mini sock

Melissa said...

Oh, thanks for posting the link to youtube. I didn't have any plans for knitting socks in the near furture but now will have to rethink my plans. Going to get that ebook.

Spinster Beth said...

In that first picture, the doggie looks like he's wondering why you would take a picture of a sock instead of him!

WonderWhyGal said...

Lovin' those socks! Geez, I wish I could move office space. Mine is totally awful in it's set up...even after the remodel.

Kathryn Ray said...

A good massage therapist is necessary. :-)

I love that little sock.

Chrisknits said...

Such sweet puppahs! I love their dear faces. I wish I still knit socks! I love the colors in your latest pair.