Friday, October 5, 2012

FAF 10 05 12

Welcome to my blog. Thank you for stopping by to check it out. Please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. When you're done here if you're interested in seeing more fibery blogs check out Wisdom Begins In Wonder. Andrea has a blog circus of fibery peeps for you to see and enjoy.

I don't remember if I every mentioned that I finished spinning the 4 oz of pink fiber I got from Winding Wool Creek Fiber so here's a photo...
the fiber hanging down in to the right is what I'll be plying with that pink bobbin full.

I got some cute stuff this week, one of which was this bag made by my friend Susan who has a great Etsy shop.
I'm so happy that the sparkly showed up in this photo. This bag is just big enough for all my little tools... crochet hooks, scissors, pencils and stitch markers.

The postal carrier delivered my new calendar...
you can get one here for only $15, proceeds go to the Pug Rescue Network.

Tomorrow I'll be taking a class at A Grand Skein, learning how to do the Sweet Tomato Heel...I'm so excited since it's been years since I took a class.

I'm trying real hard not to buy more supplies but this is tempting me right now...
http://www.etsy.com/listing/111140297/sugar-skull-merinobamboo-spinning-fiber
check out Emily's Etsy shop. She's got some beautiful fiber there. Go check it out.

Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Via Verde Farm said...

Getting things in the mail is so exciting!! Especially if you have forgotten that you ordered something.
I think you should get Emily's roving. It is gorgeous.
Have a great weekend.

Heather Woollove said...

Ally--Fiber purchases are always hard to resist, aren't they? I love your new zipper bag! Cunning little bags and purses are my Achilles heel! :) XXO-

Nichole said...

Cute calendar - and yay for supporting rescue! Love that cute little bag too! Happy FaF!

Kathryn Ray said...

Ooo yes, that is very pretty roving.

WonderWhyGal said...

oooh, those bags are too cute. Yes, Emily does have some gorgeous fiber. Have a wonderful weekend.

Kim Rickards said...

Little Dog is going to bite your toe for leaving him out of the blog this week.:( Cute new bag. I am taking a class this next week too...has been awhile for me too. Have fun!

Vivian said...

Cute calendar and cute bag! Whenever I try really hard not to buy or not to eat something, well, you can imagine what happens ;-)

Alittlebitsheepish said...

Lovely spinning, and the bag looks very handy. Looking forward to hearing about the class, have not tried that heel type yet so would be great to hear what you think of it

Cathy said...

Wooo, I think those two colours are going to make a great skein! Love that cute little batty bag, bring on Halloween ;)