Friday, October 19, 2012

Pass the peanuts and CrackerJack

The Tigers are going to the World Series! and we couldn't be happier.  What a great ALCS.

Baseball is a great sport to knit to. You only have to look up every once in a while to see what's going on.

I've got the foot done on a toe-up sock I started last weekend. I'm really liking the color of the yarn and it is super soft. Cascade Heritage sock yarn.
The Saint and I have gotten hooked on a few PBS shows the last few weeks. Doc Martin, Call the Midwife and Upstairs/Downstairs. How did we not see these shows the first time they were on? I think I'm going to have to get a Hulu account soon. LOL  What are your favorite shows these days?

I'm off to the salt mines in a few minutes, hoping it's not a super-long, super-ridiculous day. With a bit of luck I'll make it to the 7:00pm jewelry party I've been invited to.

Have a great weekend...I'll be spinning at the Mi Alpaca Breeders Assoc Festival on Saturday for a bit.

Be sure to check out all the fiber peeps that post to the blog circus on Wisdom Begins in Wonder.

LittleDog says "may your days end with belly rubs...

11 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

I wish I had followed the Tigers more this year. For the most part, I find baseball boring even on a professional level but right now, I'd rather watch that then the election debates.

What pattern will you be using for your socks?

fiberdance said...

we could all use more belly rubs! Nice start on the sock, too.

Cathy said...

Your sock is coming along nicely, love the colour! I love those shows too, they just finished showing Call the Midwife series 1 here, I can't wait for the next one! Scratchies for little dog :)

Kathryn Ray said...

Congratulations to your Tigers. I enjoy baseball quite a lot. The Rockies were pretty sucky this year. I actually haven't even been to a game since before we moved back... 3 years ago.

I like your sock... but then again, I always like your socks. :-)

Have a great weekend.

Andria said...

Lovely socks (and pug). I love Doc Martin, great show!

Nichole said...

WOOT - anyone but the Yanks, and that means congrats!

sarah in the woods said...

love the color. so pretty!

Chrisknits said...

Love the color!!! Love belly ribs myself!

Spinster Beth said...

Oh dear ... I didn't need to know that Cascade made sock yarn! They're my favorite brand ... oh dear oh dear, and me with a stash problem! That's a lovely color, too...

Vivian said...

Giants may end their bid for World Series in a few hours, booo!

We've had Hulu for a long time. I let it run to play all kinds of clips while I cook dinner. A small show that not a lot of people watch, Switched at Birth, is very good. And I can't wait for Smash to come back.

Salt mines?

Hate to admit this, but I think I have a lot more belly than LittleDog. But belly scratches to LittleDog nonetheless.

Chrisknits said...

Oh! Love that sock color!! One of my favorite ranges. Autumn.