Saturday, January 26, 2013

Winter has arrived...

and we have been getting snow almost every day for the past week. The new header photo is our deck railing this morning. I love when everything looks like it's been iced like a cake. The snow makes the world a much prettier place.
I really do need to get a new pair of boots. I hold my breath every time I lace mine up as the laces are barely hanging on. Doesn't it sound like an excuse to do some shopping today? I have to go out for a haircut this afternoon and maybe I'll leave a little early ;)

Pretty quiet around here the past week. A lot of time has been spent relaxing and doing nothing constructive. That'll change today, I hope, I finally figured out the next step in the knitted mitts instructions so there should be some progress with the knitting today. In the meantime I've been crocheting which, for me, doesn't take a lot of brain power.

Here is the progress I've made on the Calm Cowl for the CAL on Ravelry...

and then my progress on the fingerless gloves that I started last week...
it's fixin to get way more complicated.

I've also been keeping up with our new grand-dog's progress. He's so adorable, meet Bear, our daughter's new Havanese mix.
There really are a couple of shiny black eyes in there somewhere.


LittleDog is, as usual, having a little snooze. I hear snoring sounds behind me as I type.
He leads a dog's life for sure.

Have a great weekend! Thank you for stopping in. It's always encouraging to read your comments. If you'd like to check out more fibery peeps hop on over to Wisdom Begins in Wonder where Andrea hosts Fiber Arts Friday.

7 comments:

Alittlebitsheepish said...

We have been enjoying snow this week too, it is all set to disappear over the weekend though.

Stitched Together said...

The colour of the yarn you are using for your cowl is really lovely. It's not an easy shade to find, and I know because I have looked!

The fuzz ball is very cute, you are going to have lots of fun when that one visits, of that I'm sure!

Chrisknits said...

That puppy is the cutest!! I wasn't convinced there were eyes on that face. Love the color of the fingerless mitts.

Gracey is not my name.... said...

The cowl is looking great! And can't wait to see the fingerless gloves....and too cute grand-dog..

Vivian said...

I do love the snow pictures! But I shiver thinking about how cold it must be. Bear is adorable, what a fur ball! Looks like there will be lots of lovely cables in the mittens, can't wait to how they come along.

Nichole said...

What an adorable grand-puppy you've got there! :) Pretty project too and hello little dog!

WonderWhyGal said...

That cowl is really nice. I really need to focus on some crochet skills. This weather has been wicked crazy. Rain boots needed today.