Friday, April 12, 2013

Beaded Lace

Hello and welcome to another Fiber Arts Friday post.

I started a new project this week. It's just what I needed to get me happy with my knitting again...
beaded lace, Malabrigo yarn and gold seed beads. Size 8 needles and size 10 crochet hook for the beading. The pattern is called Jeweled Cowl. I've gotten far enough that I believe it's time to use a longer cable.  This one is only 16" and the stitches are a bit cramped as, I'm sure, you can see. It's so much fun!

Instead of a LittleDog picture today I'd like to ask you to go check out the emergency auction for Dutch on Facebook.  Dutch is Puglet's brother (of The Daily Puglet), a Dalmation that loves the color pink. He had an episode of GDV and had to have emergency surgery way far away from his home. His Mom will now have to find a way to pay the vet bill and most likely ground transportation for Dutch to get home again. There's some super cute stuff up for grabs and all the proceeds go to help pay the huge bill.  It'd be great if you found something special there.

Everybody have a great week and be sure to spend some time doing fibery things and lovin on your pets if you have any.

Ok, here's just one, a repeat, for those of you that have to have it...

Thank you for coming. I hope you find something interesting or entertaining. There is much more fiber goodness to see over at Wisdom Begins in Wonder so be sure to hop over there to check it out.

11 comments:

Cathy said...

I love your beaded shawl already, it's going to be a stunning piece. Wish Dutch a speedy recovery, and 'Hi' to little dog :)

Kathy said...

I stopped by our bead shop the other day and bought some beading wires ( I think they are called that). I have a kit for a bracelet and want to get knitting on it. Have never done beaded knitting before, so am looking forward to it. The only part I dislike is if the bead goes spinning away from my fingers and onto the floor, couch, etc.

Nancy McCarroll said...

Love your cowl AND your dog. Yes, I am a dog fan and write about my Libby A LOT. hehe

Carol said...

Your cowl looks like it will be beautiful when you finish. Those beads go nicely with your Malabrigo yarn.

Vivian said...

I read about Dutch's surgery on Daily Puglet but didn't know about the fundraiser. I joined the group, got quite a few things I can donate!

Kathryn Ray said...

I just love that photo... the effect of the background, coils on the right, beads on the bottom, the green yarn against the black, shiny surface.... excellent composition, madam. Just excellent.

That explains a bunch of posts I saw on FB today... I read the Daily Puglet a little, but clearly not recently. Bloat is scary stuff.

WonderWhyGal said...

oooooh, I love this! I saw the photo you posted on FB! I can't wait to see it as it progresses.

Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

I love your beaded knitting! I just started my first beaded knitting project and I'm loving it.
My heart goes out to Dutch and his mom - poor guy :(

Jess Schleicher said...

Really a beautiful peace already. Checking out your links as it's quite scary when our furry friends get ill. Thanks for the little dog picture too... Apparently I need a fix of other people's pugs often.

kathy b said...

Oh BEADS AND GOLD..IS THERE A BETTER COMBO?

...:M e d h a:... said...

That cowl looks super pretty!