Friday, April 5, 2013

I've been gifted this week...

I have a friend. Yes, I know, we all have friends. This particular friend was extra super nice to me this past week.

First she gave me this super cute bag from her Etsy Shop...
I love the little button she adds to her bags...
then she sent me this pattern...
Now, I must say, I am a little suspicious of the pattern gift...the previous week she showed me this particular project in Ravelry. Followed by the statement that I should figure out how to knit it so I could show everybody (meaning her) how to knit the fancy-schmancy stitches. LOL
I just might take her up on that. Won't she be surprised? I love this shawl and will definitely be making use of this pattern soon. And Susan, if you actually come by here and take a look...you know I'm kidding...

So for now I'm trying a little project of my own, inspired by another friend (from work)...it involves felting so it'll be an adventure. Here's a peek...
It's great to have you stop in, please comment so I know you've been by. If you're interested in yarny, fibery stuffs and would like to see more hop on over to Wisdom Begins in Wonder where Andrea hosts Fiber Arts Friday. Have a great weekend!

15 comments:

Cathy said...

What a cute little bag, absolutely gorgeous! I'm intrigued by your felting project, can't wait to see more :)

WonderWhyGal said...

ooooh, felting and crochet. Aren't you adventurous this week? Love that bag. I'll have to check out her shop.

Heather Woollove said...

It's so wonderful to receive fun gifts like that!! XO-

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi! Wonderful present and that fabric is fantastic! I love your puppy photos - how great to rest on a sofa and have a dog next to you! Water bottles are Nero's toys, too. He takes first the cover away and then the circle and then just makes lots of noice. x Teje

Ginx Craft said...

Love the dog fabric of your gift. Just perfect for you.

Melissa said...

Your a lucky girl....that bag is so cute. I just had to hop over to Rav and check out that pattern....oops, it wound up in my Favs :)

Chrisknits said...

What a wonderful friend. Even if she does have an ulterior motive. LOL.

katie metzroth said...

nice friend. pretty shawl. what color are you feeling?

Kathryn Ray said...

That shawl does appear to be full of fancy-schmancy stitches... I suspect you'll have a good time with it. ;-)

Vivian said...

The shawl pattern is very pretty, I'm sure you'll have no trouble knitting it up.

Love the little bag!

Alittlebitsheepish said...

Lovely bag, looking forward to seeing how the shawl comes out, it is a very pretty pattern

Jess Schleicher said...

Suspicious indeed... although your friend sounds awesome. Have fun felting and have a great weekend!

Nichole said...

Love that cute bag!

Btw, I haven't made it to the post office yet... but your prize will be on it's way soon! :)

Nichole said...

Love that cute bag!

Btw, I haven't made it to the post office yet... but your prize will be on it's way soon! :)

kathy b said...

The bag and button are ADORABLE. How fun.
THe pattern would be a stretch for me.....
but it is so lovley.