Friday, March 29, 2013

Gettin my spin on...

Hello and welcome. Thank you for stopping by Dog pics at the bottom :)

I believe I've found my spinning mojo at last. Over the past week I've finished spinning the second of two singles I intended to ply together.

Changed over to my new jumbo flyer that's been sitting on a shelf for the past 3 months
You could run something the size of a cotton ball through that orifice. ;) No jokes.
and then spent about 4 1/2 hours plying 646 yds of very pretty yarn.


Now I just need to find a project that will do it justice...any suggestions?

I've turned the heel on my latest sock...
And of course, what kind of blog would this be without pics of the doggies?

LittleDog had a pretty laid back weekend...
Here he is today, waiting for his dinner...
he looks a bit impatient doesn't he?

I had a chance to visit with Bear and he was super cute as always. Only took 45 minutes of throwing a plastic water bottle across the kitchen to wear him out, LOL
I hope if you've lost a mojo of some kind that you'll find it again soon. Maybe some sunshine will help get us all motivated. If you'd like some more inspiration hop on over to Wisdom Begins In Wonder and check out all the creative peeps that hang out there for Fiber Arts Friday. Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

Chrisknits said...

Love the pup pics! Glad you found some mojo. I am just hoping I don't lose any, but it just seems to wane when the summer months hit. Love the yarn!!! Gorgeous.

Nichole said...

I sure wish I spun - that handspun looks amazing!
Love the doggy pics, of course...

And hey, guess what you WON?!

Vivian said...

Depend on the weight, 646 yards can be a vest or a lacy wrap. Very pretty color!

Rascal and Emma say hi to LittleDog and Bear. They are very impatient at dinner time too.

Ginx Craft said...

That looks like an enormous skein of wool. Doggie is very cute.

Kathryn Ray said...

I have no idea, but I like the color. :-)

Cathy said...

Agree with Vivian, if its DK it'd make a beautiful vest. Love LittleDog's expression waiting for dinner.... I see the snow has gone :)

WonderWhyGal said...

Oh goodness, that is a beautiful skein. Hmmmm, what shawl pattern would that be lovely in? I'm thinking a Cardi. Vitamin D?

Alittlebitsheepish said...

Glad you have your mojo back, you made some lovely yarn.

kathy b said...

My workout mojo is back and sorely needed