Friday, March 1, 2013

It's still winter here

and we're really tired of the snow now. Although, the dogs have gotten used to trudging around out there.

Seems every week we have a big storm on Tuesday so I haven't been able to see my AGS knitting peeps in several weeks. This is not a good situation. I could use some creative motivation. Sitting in my favorite knitting shop always gets my mind moving.

We've spent a lot of time like this...
doesn't work out so well if you're trying to knit but it's great for catching up on many episodes of Doc Martin and surfing Pinterest.

I have actually been knitting a cute new hat. It's the Scrunchie Hat, a pattern by Lucy Neatby.  Looks like this so far...
it's a horrible photo, washed out but it's the best I can get on a dark winter evening in West Michigan.

Bear, the little beast with teeth spent an overnight last weekend. He's so darn cute he gets away with this...
he's definitely a chewer!

Hope you've all had a fiber filled week. If you'd like to check out more fibery peeps hop on over to Wisdom Begins In Wonder where Andrea hosts a fun blog circus.

Have a wonderful weekend.

12 comments:

Cathy said...

Awww, love your doggies, they are so cute. That's an interesting hat you're making, should be a good one that fit many sizes? It's the first day of autumn here, such a nice change from the hot summer we've been having. :)

Chrisknits said...

Love the hat. That would be adorable on a little one. May have to look into that design pattern.

kathy b said...

Ha ha. THe weather is okay here. I LIKE snow..>I dont like 40s and rain...and thats a comin!

I too Pin when Im really chillin out. I must find you on Pinterest. Im Kate Boyer.

Love your hat

Melissa said...

Your hat is looking very interesting. I struggled with taking pics this week too but I'm still loving the snow.

Carol said...

Hang in there! Sometimes it's nice to have weather that gives you an excuse to stay indoors and knit. Your hat looks like it will be warm and soft.

Ginx Craft said...

Not surprised your fed up with the snow. Your hat looks interesting. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Vivian said...

Love that hat! I just started following Lucy Neatby on Facebook and she posted a bunch of very cute hats.

LittleDog knows how to enjoy life!

WonderWhyGal said...

ooooh, I love doggy pics.

Love how this hat is knitting up.

It reminds me of the wurm hat...that I intend on knitting soon.

Nichole said...

We're so over the snow and cold too...

Kristyn McCain said...

I am with you - spring cannot get here soon enough!

Anonymous said...

Love Doc Martin. Have you ever watched Hamish?

Spinster Beth said...

Bear is so cute!! Is he an Affenpinscher?