Friday, March 15, 2013

This is spring?

Happy Fiber Arts Friday! It's been a crazy week here and certainly could have been better but whatever.
Thank you for stopping in. Be sure to check out my fibery friends over at Wisdom Begins in Wonder.

I have a finished hat to show you (if you don't count weaving in the ends). This pattern is really fun:
Lucy Neatby's Scrunchy Hat knit in Shephard's Wool and Cascade 220.

After I weave in all those ends you see and give it a good soak it'll be ready to wear. Just in time for spring :)

LittleDog has not been impressed with this week's weather...
and he didn't hesitate to show his displeasure...
We hope you have a great weekend and that you have some time for something fibery.

14 comments:

Kim Rickards said...

I feel the same way as Little Dog....glad to see you are feeling better too! Great hat!

Chrisknits said...

Love the hat! We have had more snow that never accumulated this year than any I can remember. We have had snow flurries twice this week and not a bit stuck! But I am not complaining. I am trying to finish a wool capelet so I can wear it before Spring gets here. I am soooo close!

Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

Our weather is hardly spring-like, either. (freezing rain today) Nothing makes the weather seem better than a new hand knit, though - love your hat!

Melissa said...

Lovely hat....I like the more quiet colors you chose unlike the lively colors Lucy uses.

With the weather we've been having even though it "spring", you still have time to wear the hat....LOL.

Vivian said...

Oh LittleDog, spring is not far away.

The ends hanging off the hat look like a design feature, just braid it or twist it and call it done. Very 70s ;-)

kathy b said...

I LOVE Your hat. the top is so cool!!!

Hug to the Pug

Andria said...

Love the hat, and I have to agree with Little Dog's take on the weather.

Kathryn Ray said...

That is a cute hat.

Poor Little Dog, it will be REAL Spring soon. I promise.

Cathy said...

I love your hat! Will have to make one for myself. Poor little dog, spring is not far now, honest! ;)

WonderWhyGal said...

I really do think that hat is adorable. I am so ready for winter to be over. Grrrrr

Jocelyn said...

I thought the same thing as Vivian, a little braided tail might be nice! Wishing some sunshine for the pooch, my baby feels the same about rain.

Nichole said...

Cute hat!

...:M e d h a:... said...

Cute hat! And what a cute little doggie...a pug? Thanks for dropping by my blog.

...:M e d h a:... said...

We have no sign of spring here in NY either.