Friday, April 19, 2013

In recovery mode...

again. The Saint had a little surgery on his left foot last Friday. He's healing well and trying hard to behave himself...at least that's what he says. (all pics can be biggie-sized by clicking)
In other news...I'm having a good time knitting with beads. Only drawback is that I have to be in a place where I can keep the beads under control. That can be difficult.  I was sitting in my recliner the other night adding some beads and one of them got away. I had to chase that thing all over myself. Thankfully I got it back on the crochet hook and corraled in the yarn. Here's my progress so far...
I like how the beads look like dewdrops on a spider web in this next photo...
I'm thinking I should have used a much larger needle to cast on. The beginning edge of this cowl is going to need some serious blocking.

I finished one sock...
 and here it is folded from the heel side...
I got another nice gift this week. Emily brought me a skein of Rainy Days & Wooly Dogs yarn called "Cake or Death?" It makes me so very happy since I'm an Eddie Izzard fan.

I hope you all have had a nice week with lots of fiber time. You should go to Wisdom Begins in Wonder and see what some of my friends are doing with their fiber. Thank you for stopping in.  Be sure to say hey in the comments.

LittleDog loves reading your comments.

10 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

I am loving your knitted beads. It's amazing the change beads make to a knitted project.

Love your socks too. I have a pair that I started in secret. I really should post the progress. Maybe next week;-)

Cathy said...

Have I told you I LOVE your beaded shawl? ;) I need to knit more socks now that winter is coming... Hello to little dog!

Kim RIckards said...

Lucky you to get Rainy Days and Wooly Dog yarn! Bead work is nice...seems it would be tedious though. Gearing up for Yarn Quest...a group of us are hitting all shops over 3 days!

Ellen said...

Love your beaded knitting.
I was always resistant to it and just tried it on a much smaller scale with a bracelet.

It's a little tricky but the end result is worth it, isn't it?

kathy b said...

Hi Little dog. I saw a PUG flag outside a house on my way the other day. :)

I LOVE your beadwork...some day...i may try it

Ginx Craft said...

Love the bead knitting. It is really pretty.

Kathryn Ray said...

Hope The Saint heals quickly.

I love the green on your cowl... very curious to see how it turns out.

Vivian said...

The beads look so pretty against the yarn! I've never knitted with beads (well, project with beads), and I didn't even think about how beads would run away if I knit in the comfy chair.

Jess Schleicher said...

Seriously that cowl is coming along so nicely. LOVE IT. Almost makes me want to get back into bead crochet work. Almost.

Nichole said...

Here's to a speedy recovery! Love all your projects! Did the iphone case reach you?