Monday, May 21, 2007

Ahhh! Monday.


Monday, Monday...what a great song! Man, that was a lot of years ago wasn't it? I remember sitting on my back porch with my 2 friends, Karen and LaDonna singing that song as loud as we could sing it...the neighbors probably didn't appreciate it but we were having a blast! Oh, the things you do when you're 11 or 12 that seem to live on forever in your mind.


Mondays are great days for me...I'm best in a "routine" so getting back into structured time is sometimes a good thing for me after spending the weekend running willy-nilly with my daughter on her "off" weekend. We hit the farmer's market early and then shop a bit, especially at our favorite LYS, City Knitting. There's always a stop for coffee. This weekend's coffee stop was Marie Catrib's, our most favorite eating and people watching spot.

Monday is the beginning, like casting on a new project (one of my favorite activities and I know I'm not alone after reading so many other people's blogs). Last night I cast on 16 stitches to make a tiny sock for my key ring size sock-blocker...have you all seen those yet? They're so cuuuute! I'm seeing lots of tiny socks being made here, so I can change them frequently. Wow, I can't imagine the size of the stitches with a "0", which I didn't happen to have, I'm using a "1" - that's the size of the toothpicks on my dining table! Yeh, gauge, smaudge! I knit so tight it will probably be the right size anyway. I had to get out my reading glasses to see those itty-bitty stitches and it was still a strain. I need a brighter light! Nothing like a good challenge though. I only have 4 rows done but I'm already geeked! The Saint just shook his head and smiled...he's so tolerant of my obsessions - and there are many.

I'm about 75% done with the picnic bag I'm working on, the Sanpoku sweater (pictured above) is languishing, waiting for the other spur-of-the-moment projects to get done. I'm just not feeling very sweaterish right now. I'm amazed at how patient some things can be, just laying there...waiting, for long periods of time...It will probably have to wait just a bit longer too, as I found a great market bag pattern on the Lion Brand site the other day. I'll be casting that on, hopefully by tomorrow night. Love those re-usable bags.

Hey to Amy, Laurie and Ruth...glad to know you're checking up on me. Hope you all have a great week!

1 comment:

ruth said...

You're a braver woman than I - I made one wee tiny sock (well 2 if you consider the one I had to frog) and that was enough.