Thursday, May 17, 2007

Is it Christmas already?!

Amy is the best! See all this cool stuff?! My Knitters Coffee Swap package arrived today and it was soooo exciting! There is pink Fantasy Naturale by Plymouth Yarns and green Butterfly cotton I'll be making a couple of zippy new shells for this summer and fabulous "True Grit" sock yarn from White Oak Studio that has a special meaning for me, and Amy knows why...if you want to know you'll have to ask...a super cute floral print notions bag, coffee from Campiello Ristorante & Bar (I'll be Google-ing them at the first opportunity) that I'll be tasting in the morning, for sure...it looks and smells dark and rich! Perfect! Love the spring loaded note pad and a ball shaped lip balm...certainly not least of all a flight-size bottle of Hennessy to commemorate one of my not-so-shining moments in history.

Thank you so much, Amy for your thoughtfulness. That clear plastic bag looked pretty familiar...I hope this is the beginning of a long friendship...you know some day we'll be travelling in your direction. Knitty-Mama you're the best for putting this all together!

Now that the lawn has been cut I can do some knitting without feeling like there is something else I should be doing. The Saint is hobbling around in his "Darth Vader boot" and won't be doing any mowing anytime soon. It was a nice bit of exercise. I do so enjoy the feeling of accomplishment that comes from a well manicured lawn...call me crazy but I actually enjoy mowing.

Thank you and a big hug to Rena, my daughter, possessor of immense knowledge, for helping me get this picture and others posted...what would I do without you? Now, get to bed...you have to work tomorrow! As do I, so farwell til tomorrow, or maybe the next day...

3 comments:

Amy said...

Glad you liked it!

Campiello is my favorite "special occasion" restaurant here in the Twin Cities. Great food. And fabulous martinis.

laurie said...

Oh, oh, oh! Someone else who gets help from the daughter for the blog! Nice to meet you! Your package looks wonderful from your swap partner. I am also in the swap, just mailed off my partner's package (to the UK) and mine from her came only an hour ago. I have been just looking at it in anticipation. Need to get the old camera out. Check out my blog.

ruth said...

Hi, Just wanted to say welcome to the blogging world. I followed Amy over.