Sunday, February 15, 2009

Endless Waffle-ly Stitch

Happy Day After Valentines Day everybody!


Hope you all got a nice treat and a big hug from your favorite Valentine. I got this nice card, had lunch with the best husband in the world, and got to spend the biggest part of the day knitting at City Knitting. Can't ask for a better day!

Speaking of knitting...I've been steadily working on The Saint's Big Ass Sweater...here's the evidence...

This is the back, which is done and the front which is about 8 inches so far, I have a ways to go but it doesn't seem as daunting as it did when I was only 1/2 way through the back.

The picture below represents the color best but the others show the stitch pattern better.



For some reason I'm having trouble taking a close enough picture to show how "hairy" this yarn is. It's soft and slippery too. It's going to be an amazing sweater when I finish it, LOL. Maybe I should read the instructions that came with my camera...but I don't want to spend the time reading camera instructions when I could be knitting, hahaha!

Well, let's go make some granola and slice some celery for The Saint's lunches. I'm a busy bee!

4 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

I love the pattern in the sweater. :-)

We had a really quiet V-Day. Well, other than the kids bouncing off the walls from all the sugar. lol

clarabelle said...

Aww, lovely Valentine's Day card! I even got one too (although I didn't get Igor one, teehee!).

The Big-Ass sweater looks great - love the colour.

xxx

Nichole said...

Can't wait to see the big arse sweater finished! :)

wildflower38 said...

Yay!! You're making some progress on the sweater!

Lovely card! I worked :( but I got flowers the week before from a guy friend.