Thursday, February 19, 2009

yet another hat

I believe I'm obsessed with the Button Tab Hat.

Last night I was minding my own business, dusting and cleaning off the tables and yet another color/yarn combo jumped into my head. Then it wouldn't leave me alone! I had to dig through my stash, find some red yarn and get it started.

I love casting on and whipping through the band which is knitted flat for 14 rows then you bind off 10 sts, join in the round being careful not to twist, LOL, and stockinette for 4.5 inches, start your decreases and before you know it you have a great looking little hat! You should try it!

I got this much done last night watching two episodes of Throwdown w/ Bobby Flay. That's 7 rows of K2P2 rib. I'm using the remainder of the black Cascade Rustic that I used for my most recent Button Tab Hat adventure with and a skein of red Encore DK that I had hanging around. I think it's fab.


Thank you to all of you who regularly stop by and leave comments. I really appreciate your encouraging words. Friends are a priceless commodity.

xxxooo

4 comments:

Grace said...

Amen about friends being a priceless addition to our lives, I don't know what I would do without my blog and my knitting com-patriots!!!

Bobby Flay just opened a new restaurant in the state, Bobby's Burger palace and we can't wait to try it!
Love the color of the yarn you are using

wildflower38 said...

I think thst colorway will make a cute hat. I cannot wait to see the finished product!

Bubblesknits said...

Oooh, pretty! I really need to try that pattern. I've got several good color combos upstairs that would work for that.

Kim said...

If only you had known when you posted this that 7 rows was enough for the ribbing.