Saturday, February 21, 2009

what came first...the Chickenlady or the egg?

actually, she came in the door with the eggs in her hand, LOL

and freshly baked (by her DH) Snickerdoodles...her name isn't Chickenlady for nothin.

Kim came for a spend-the-night, chat-n-knit and we had a wonderful time. She has filled my friend-cup to the brim. I will bask in the glow of a great day - knitting, chatting, eating, sipping some good wine and more knitting, and snacks!

Thanks for being a great friend Kim! We'll have to do it again...when the weather is warmer and we don't have to brush 4" of snow off the cars and shovel before you can be on your way home, hehehe.

For my friends in warmer climes...this is snow, this is what it looks like out my window this morning...it isn't showing any sign of letting up either...


Yet another Late Night Yarny Party has come and gone at City Knitting.

my yarny peeps, Val, Christine & Kim
I cannot thank Lorilee enough for being a great hostess, but, here's my best effort, THANKS LORILEE!!!!!

At some point in the evening I remember making the statement that I had gotten the most knitting done ever at last night's party - above is the evidence...another Button Tab Hat that would have been finished last night if I had remembered my size 9 DPNs, gah! Oh well, it gave me a chance to knit 6 or 8 rows on The Big Ass Sweater. Every row counts on the sweater, maybe I'll get it done before next winter, hahaha.

Hope all of you have a special friend to spend some time with.

Everybody have a great week!

7 comments:

Grace said...

we get the white stuff tomorrow and you know what I hope it veers north or south and passes us right by, glad you had a great knitting time with your friend, I don't remember the last time I had Snickerdoodles!

Bubblesknits said...

Sounds like y'all had a great time!

I wish we'd get some snow, but not too much. I'm picky, huh? lol

Shine said...

Dear Ally,

I ♥ you. I miss the lnyps, but hopefully next term I will not have a 6 - 9pm friday night class. (bemused)

I'm glad you have Kim in your life. friends like that are, indeed, truly a blessing.

Nichole said...

What a great friend to show up with such yummies! Looks like you guys had a wonderful knit night!

wildflower38 said...

Lucky you I'd love it if it snowed here!

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I wish we would get snow here.Oh yum snickerdoodles what a sweet friend to bring you goodies:)Hugs Darcy

Kim aka Chickelady said...

Hee Hee I love the title! The picture of the eggs and cookies is beautiful. I will have to wait for my slow dial up to load this so the hubby can see.

I had a great time and can't wait to do it again!
Big hugs and lots of love,
Kim