Thursday, March 19, 2009

Socks & Tops

Hello everybody!

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving comments on my blog. It's so nice to know that I have some friends out there that keep an eye on me. After all, don't we make hand-crafts for the thrill of saying "look what I made!"? I know I do.

I'm still knitting like crazy, probably trying not to think about icky things that are happening in the world. Seems like a little knitting can make you feel so much happier when the world around you is swirling wildly in no particular direction.

The True Grit socks are moving right along.

I can't believe I waited so long to knit up this yarn. Amy, I'm so sorry this has been hanging out in my stash so long. I really love how these socks are turning out and can't wait to wear them.

The other day the Spring/Summer '09 issue of KnitSimple magazine arrived in my mailbox. I found a super-fabulous top and I had the perfect yarn for it. You know I cast it on while I was at Rena's knitting on Tuesday night, don't you? I have 2.5 inches of the back bottom edge done...I really need to sharpen my photography skills...

Here are the particulars:

Pattern: Button Banded V-Neck I won't be adding the buttons but I love the shape of this for spring/summer wear
Designer: Tonia Barry
Yarn: Sierra Quatro I have a boat-load of it that I was gonna make a different top with - that I am so over now


Rachel is having a contest, you could win something fibery - it ends tomorrow at 9pm eastern...hurry over and check out the fabo hand dyed yarns and stuff in her Etsy shop.

It's cold here again today, after being almost 70 for a couple of days...I know the warm weather is coming, it's just not coming fast enough!

For all you peeps that are just lurking...it's nice to have you here too! Everybody have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

I saw that pattern on Ravelry today and thought it was really cute. :-) I like the color you're using.

Grace said...

i should be knitting but I am sitting here browsing blogs, glad I stopped by to see your update, love the socks, can't wait to see more of the top

melisseio said...

I'm with you, bring back the warm weather!!! The socks and sweater are super cute! (If they ever take away the exclamation point, I'm sunk!!!)

Birdsong said...

Ooh, very springlike yarn! I think a summer top is just the thing to work on during these last bits of cold weather... gives a grrl hope.

KnittingReader said...

I wish I could knit as quickly as you!