Saturday, March 14, 2009

The toll of winter...and a new do!

It was nice enough outside today to do a bit of scouting around the yard...for fun things like doggie gifts and new flower shoots. One of the consequences of winter was evident from the deck this afternoon. I didn't even have to walk close to the flower bed on the north side of the yard to see this...

maybe you could use a closer look?

I should point out that these pots are not inexpensive...I won't be buying any new ones any time soon...I'm thinking if they don't get moved they'll eventually be covered with the Hens n Chicks that they hold and maybe, somehow, this damage will not be so noticeable. The pot that is facing the photographer is missing it's bottom from last winter's freeze. Guess terra-cotta pots aren't meant for outdoor use in the winter in Michigan...ah well.

In other news at Chez B, the garage is getting an airing out today, the doggie fence is going up and I got a new do yesterday...here it is...

Ta Da! Nice and short for the warmer weather that I know has to be coming soon. please please please

I've been knitting socks, a-lot! Here's the ones I've been working on today...


I'm just short of the toe now - getting ready to decrease. Tomorrow I should be starting on it's mate. Then I promise I'm going to get started on my ZigBagZ...I just have to figure out the directions for getting it started...a nice quiet place where I can concentrate would probably be helpful. Oh, yeah, I can sit in my nice craft room in my comfy chair...why don't I ever think of that? Sitting in the living room with The Saint watching 3 ball games and a John Wayne movie all at the same time can be a bit distracting...

Thanks all of my faithful friends that stop in to say hello! I really appreciate you're loyalty. I'm sorry I can't make socks fly off your needles, hahaha

7 comments:

Linda said...

Oh no! Bad winter! Those are cool looking pots too. Love the new do.

Christne said...

I forgot about that bag. It'll be a beauty! You are such a speedy knitter with socks. They are looking good. Love the hair! I went to Threadbender today and saw a jacket made with your pink/grey sock yarn color (must have been the same color but on a different weight yarn). It looked really good and made me think instantly of your socks. I bought some new sock yarn while I was there. I can't wait to show you. Hope you had a happy Saturday!

Bubblesknits said...

Love the new haircut. :-)

You're zooming right along with that sock!

Grace said...

The new haircut is really nice, and love the socks too!!

Its funny as I blog hop this morning I see lots of signs of spring, but not here in my section of NJ, nothing that indicates warmth is coming soon!! Maybe today

KnittingReader said...

Those bags are gorgeous! And I love the new do!

Nichole said...

I've lost many pots to the New England winters...

Love the do!

Beverooni said...

Love the new do!