Thursday, June 11, 2009

spring beauty

For all of you who've come to visit I have some pretty flowers for you today.

I figure if they make me smile they'll do the same for you.

When pondering the group of friends who've come into my life since I've been posting to this blog it gives me a good feeling, just like these flowers. But I've heard that my friend Grace has been feeling poorly lately. I hope she gets feeling better real soon. And you should see the great things Clarabelle has been knitting. Jessica has been on the look out for Abandoned T-shirts for a photo project she has going...if you see one be sure to snap a pic and tell her about it's situation, I really enjoy reading about them.

I love flowers, they're one of my favorite photo subjects.

Knitting at bottom of post - scroll down if you don't want to see the pretty flowers, LOL

This year it seems they're getting a slow start. The Peonies didn't finally pop open until the middle of this week but they're making up for their late showing!

My roses are peeking out 1 or 2 at a time...

this yellow/pink is my favorite to look at but my favorite to smell is the old fashioned red that's on the north side of the yard.

The fragrance is that of the rose water my Grama always had on the shelf above her kitchen sink. It's raining today so it's wet but still fragrant.

I'm making slow but steady progress on the ZigBagZ.

I'm loving how it's turning out and getting pretty good at the two-handed knitting too! Can't wait to get it done and felted - it'll be the new home for my swift and ball winder. The USPS box is getting a bit worn.

And Boomer actually spent the afternoon not in a crate for the first time since moving in. I held my breath all afternoon worrying he would do something naughty, like, maybe, chew the corner off the leather sofa or something...he was a good boy and was sleeping on the ottoman when The Saint got home from work. Phew!

He's sooooo schweet...

6 comments:

Nerdy Knitter said...

oh little booomer, what and adoreable little poochie he must like you better, but nonetheless i am just very glad he is happy :)

JenW!~ said...

Stoppin by to see what my knitting friends are upto. Boomer is adorable. Lovely flowers.

Nichole said...

Pretty flowers... and what a precious pic of Boomer!

clarabelle said...

Aww, thanks for the kind mention, Ally! I can almost smell those roses, and well done with the peony; I've tried for years to grow them, but I reckon they don't like our soil...

The bag looks wonderful - can't wait to see how it turns out. And as for Boomer - adorable!

Grace said...

what a gorgeous assortment of flowers, we have so much rain here nothing can bloom!

Grace said...

I hit post too quickly and yes I am feeling better thanks so much for the mention!!!