Sunday, December 27, 2009

Big Socks/Big Holiday

I decided to make a pair of clog socks for Audra. I made sock #1 to the point where I would need to Kitchener the toe closed, put it in a gift bag and presented it as a gift on Christmas evening. The fit was good so yesterday I started the second one. I managed to get it done today so now she'll have a nice warm pair of socks to wear around the house. I made these with Lion Brand Jiffy in Apple Green color. It was inexpensive and I could knit them up speedy fast and that was the goal. I used my sock construction knowledge and made them up as I went along. I did use the stripe idea from the Clog Sock pattern in the book "Simple Chic".
Speaking of the holiday...it was good. Nice visits with family and no drama.
Glad it's over and I'm looking forward to 2010. It's a nice round number and hopefully it will bring good things. Hope you and your families had a nice holiday.

Boomer and Sam are practicing for the New Year's Eve party with their new toy...

5 comments:

Channon said...

Love the green in that first photo! I might have to find some for me...

Cute pups with their bottle. Mugsy ATE his the year I gave him one.

Nichole said...

Great pics!!!

Rena said...

haha boomer and sam!!! Lushes, pops always teases me about getting into the likr cabinet maybe he should smell the dog's breath :)

Grace said...

fantastic holiday pictures!!! ANd the socks are great!

carlita dee said...

Happy New Year, Ally B! I wish you a joyous 2010. May you and yours live well and prosper.