Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010...finally...

and I have a finished object already. Completed January 1, 2010 about 9:15pm...The Saint's new Sofa Blankie!He says it's warm and toasty. And long enough to cover his feet! Yay!

Made with flannel leftovers from the 2 new pr of jammies I made for him a couple weeks ago.
It's 6" wide strips cut at random lengths and pieced together in strips in no particular order. I will forever think of Stephen King's "Under The Dome" when I see it as that's what I was listening to while piecing it. The layers are tied together with black embroidery floss and bound with crappy store-bought quilt binding - I promise, I will never buy ready-made quilt binding ev-er-a-gain! Anything worth piecing together is worth binding with good quality hand made binding.

Knitting continues on his Big Ass Sweater but I may be distracted by these or maybe this...

Hope you all had a safe celebration welcoming the new year. Happy 2010 everybody!

6 comments:

Channon said...

Happy New Year! What a great man-quilt!

KnittingReader said...

Happy New Year! The blankie looks great! I'm still finishing up a couple of gifts, sigh.

Kristyn said...

The blanket looks really nice and cozy. Happy 2010 to you!

Bubblesknits said...

I so envy your ability to sew. :-) The blanket looks great!

Nichole said...

Happy 2010 - great blankie!!!

Grace said...

what a warm and wonderful quilt, I put an old one on the dining room table today, we never eat there and its a great display spot!