Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Allergic to wool? Really?

That beautiful dog in my previous post...

I found out yesterday that he's allergic to wool and horse hair...and peanuts, soybeans, milk, beef, pork, flax, kelp - kelp? really? about 7 different kinds of trees, 6 weeds, a bunch of fungi and wool. sigh

I'm thinking there's probably wool in the old carpet in the crafty room - nevermind the bins of wool yarn in there, LOL

We start his allergy shots in about 3 weeks. At least I can buy some Purina One at the grocery store now instead of paying the highway robbery amount for that stuff at the vet. Ah, a silver lining...you know there always is one somewhere.

And no more horseback rides for him! ;-)

Thanks for stoppin. Have a great day!

6 comments:

Channon said...

PLEASE tell me how you got him tested. We're starting on the allergy journey with Sissy, and I sure would love to avoid years of process of elimination...

Nichole said...

Doesn't the Purina One have some of those things that he's allergic to in it??

Poor Sam... Tut feels his pain!

Kristyn said...

I know a girl who has one of those hypoallergenic cats that is allergic to wool. I find that way to ironic!

bethanyg said...

The rest I could deal with, but *wool*?! Oh noez! Thank goodness for shots :)

Bubblesknits said...

Poor thing!

Holly Bee said...

No more horse back riding. Poor bastard is going to miss that.