Sunday, January 17, 2010

Confined to quarters

that's what Boomer is since his tragic miscalculation jumping onto the sofa on Thursday night. There was a mad minute of screaming and dragging of hind quarters before I caught him coming around the dining room table. After some checking we determined that he wasn't broken but called the vet. After a few hours stay at the vet on Friday and an x-ray, we now know that there are no fractures but that he has hip dysplasia...he'll be confined for a week so his sore little muscles can heal and then he'll get some anti-arthritis meds for the rest of his days. sigh If you look carefully you'll see him in his crate being a nice little doggie. Sam has been on post, watching over him. I know he misses the daily play. Glad it's only a week. Last night I had a dream that I changed Boomer's name to Stuart. I've always disliked the name Boomer, it has always sounded like a disrespectful nickname to me. I would think that Stuart wouldn't sound much different to his ear and that I could pull it off...whatchu think?I've been working on my latest sock while keeping watch over the little doggie this weekend. It's not looking too bad. The color is a bit drab...goes with the January weather in W Mi. In the background you'll see Rita's yarn that will become Travelling Woman during the Ravelympics. I can't wait to get started with it...just about a month to wait...guess that's not so long.

And in the stupid things department...I'm having a little recovery of my own...yesterday I should have kept my eye on the ground while walking down the driveway to the mailbox. About 4 feet from the box I found myself suddenly lying on my back having hit my arm on the step and the back of my head on the driveway...fortunately I have 3 really sore places today but nothing broken...I didn't even get to do that hilariously funny "whoa-oa", just hit the ground, glad I'm so short so there wasn't so far to go to get to the ground, LOL

Have a great week, thanks for stopping and be careful on those icey spots!

ETA: had the wrong project listed for Ravelympics, gah!

5 comments:

bethanyg said...

Ouch! For you and Boomer/Stuart. (He looks like a Stuart.) Glad you didn't end up with hip dysplasia too. You'd be in your carrier next to him!

Kristyn said...

I almost slipped carrying my son the other day. I hate ice. I am clutzy enough on my own.

Bubblesknits said...

Sounds like you both need a little R&R. :-) I'm so glad Boomer didn't break anything (you, too).

And for the record, Boomer wouldn't be Boomer if you didn't call him Boomer. heehee

Channon said...

Oh goodness. I'm glad you and the little guy are both reasonably okay, and now healthy Sam can supervise...

I'm all for the name change. While I have no certificates or degrees in animal anything, I can assure you that each of my dogs have answered to no fewer than a half-dozen different names. Gretchen is Baby, Greer, Sugar... while Sissy is Princess, Queenie, Queen Bee, Redneck [woman]... So if you dislike Boomer, Stuart he should be!

Nichole said...

Hope you are both resting well and being pampered!