Thursday, January 28, 2010

Getting Started

I love starting a new project don't you?
The beginning of a Serenity blanket with plenty of bling attached.  I've done a few more rows since I took this pic and all but one marker is off - thank goodness!  I'm not a fan of all that knitting jewelry.  The blankie is for a co-worker who's expecting a little boy in April.  The yarn is so soft.  It's Caron Simply Soft, purchased at my local Michael's. The color is Lt Country Blue.  I can't wait to sit down and work on it more this evening after chatting with you and scarfing down a little (slightly burnt) pizza.

It's been a busy week of vet visits for me, Sam and Boomer Stuart.  Sam now has his stash of p@rphenalia and we had a little lesson in administration...in a few months he should be a less itchy-scratchy dog. 
 Boomer Stuart loves to imitate the Princess and the Pea in the morning while I'm getting ready for work.

and he really enjoyed Jasmine's visit last weekend.

Our favorite restaurant in the whole world is re-opening next week...and we can hardly wait!

6 comments:

Rena said...

Stuart!!! funny fella.....I can help ya with those shots if you need some tips on technique :) or just someone to hold him:) Can't wait for IT to open....i am jonesing!!!

Channon said...

Stuart cracks me up. I've told you before that I wanted to consider a pug when Mugsy died but the Knight NEEEEEDED another JRT, haven't I? (Not that I'd trade Gretchen for the world...)

LOVE knitting blankets in the round, and I need to do one for a late April baby. Might have to "copy" you.

Grace said...

i have that blanket in my queue too so I will befollowing yours with avid interest!

KnittingReader said...

The blanket is beautiful, and I love the yarn. I can't wait to see it when you've finished.

I like Stuart so much more than Boomer.

Bubblesknits said...

That looks like my stash. lol Thankfully, the hubby has started giving me my shots at his office, so it's not costing us an arm and a leg at the allergist.

Nichole said...

Stuart? Did I miss something? lol