Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

I've been playing today...with yarn, fabric and my camera.

Woke up to find this lovely gift on the dining table.  The Saint, he spoils me...there is another layer under the one you see...

Added a few rows to my Golden Woman, I think she'll be beautiful when finished, a project for Ravelympics

Pieced another block for our Romance Quilt. 

The block is called Milkmaid Star, there are two versions, I think I like the other version better than this one but won't know for sure til I get the other one put together.

I so envy the photographic abilities of bloggers like Alicia and Jared.  Perhaps with more practice I'll get there.  I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to buy a better camera, LOL  Here is my best effort for today...

The Saint and I made an attempt to visit our favorite restaurant last night (of course we decided at 7pm that we would try it) 2 hour wait - hit our 2nd favorite and had a nice dinner that we didn't have to cook or clean-up.

Is there anything you've seen here that you'd like to know more about?  It is difficult to decide what to write here, seems like I need to focus on something but haven't figured out what.

If you're looking for a good read...The Help...is the best book I've read in many years!  Check it out.

6 comments:

knittinwolf said...

Sounds like a great day! Love that golden fiber! Happy Valentine's!

Channon said...

Off to read more about that book. I'm still looking for the Amazon order that I thought would be here on Friday...

KnittingReader said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful Valentine's Day! I love reading your blog and can't think about anything that I would change--you do a great job with all of the variety in your life.

Gorgeous shawl and quilt! I loved The Help so much!

Bubblesknits said...

Mmmm...those chocolates look divine! I'm drooling on my keyboard just thinking about them. lol

I like reading all your posts. Although, I have to say I'm partial to Boomer pictures and knitting. ;-)

WonderWhyGal said...

I can't wait to see your finished shawl.

Your photos are great and they do offer insight. I also try to play with my camera. There's a photographer in all of us...we just need to keep clicking away to find her.

Nichole said...

Pretty Shawl... and pretty quilt block! Hope you had a great Valentine's!