Saturday, February 20, 2010

mini yarn crawl

So, I went to Holland today to look at a 1/2 size sewing machine that I thought I might like to have...no, it wasn't what I was looking for.  However, I did find two really nice yarn shops over there...

and of course I couldn't leave either one without a little something...

from Lizzie Ann's a skein of  Knit One Crochet Two Ty Dy sock yarn in color #1364,
 and a Rowan brochure with some awesome sweaters...a knitter can always use a little inspiration right? 

 
  
 
from Friends of Wool another skein of Ty Dy sock yarn in color #1745...cause a knitter always needs a couple more skeins of sock yarn! 
 Also picked up enough Berroco Comfort to make a Frog Prince, cause I just gotta have one of my very own.  I just don't want it in a size HUGE like the one I tested out a while ago with worsted weight yarn.  The Comfort is a DK weight and I think will crochet a nice size frog.

and I just have to say that the City of Holland certainly knows how to do things for visitors.  A public potty w/tissue and soap was a really nice touch - along with free parking.  Thanks!!!  I'll certainly be visiting again.

Now I think I'll throw on a sweatshirt and head to the basement.  The Saint is re-loading shells down there and I have a White Model 77 waiting for some tlc.  Don't look for me for the rest of the day, I'll be cleaning, oiling and adjusting til who-knows-when. Then tomorrow I'll be sewing quilt blocks all day...I hope.

Happy knitting!

9 comments:

Linda said...

I love how soft the TyDy sock yarn is.

KnittingReader said...

I have a very dear friend from Holland. It sounds like a beautiful place.

Grace said...

great yarns I love Ty-Dy!

Rena said...

I am so glad all went well for you in Holland!!! It was great wasn't it!!! Did you go to the mexican sausage store? I went to the movie which was good, then I came home and destroyed the tax file and broke the quicken...A real bang up job, Someone was in control of my voodoo doll today and they were real mad!!!

BammerKT said...

I told you they were really both "not to be missed!" Next time you venture this way, I will drop everything and meet you for lunch and of course some knitting. I'm so glad you made it to both stores.

Also, my husband said "What was her husband reloading?" Because he reloads ammo too ;).

Channon said...

Sounds like a lovely day. It's nice when the town seems to truly like visitors and shoppers, isn't it?

Karen said...

Glad you picked up a few little treats for yourself!

Bubblesknits said...

Yes, sock yarn is always a good addition. :-D Love the colors, too.

Nichole said...

Wonderful Stash Enhancement!