Sunday, June 6, 2010

Congratulations Audra & Kim

Hello evry-buddy!  Hope yer all havin a great weekend.  First of three party weekends for us.  Friday we celebrated Rena's 30th Birthday (which was actually yesterday) with a nice dinner at our favorite Mex restaurant.

Rena and "Grama" at dinner...
 Rena, Jared & Tamara leavin the Crazy Burrito...

Yesterday morning was the University of Phoenix graduation and we got to see Audra (our oldest) and Kim (my knitting friend) walk across the stage.  Audra for a Bachelor of Business/Management degree and Kim for her Masters in Accountancy.  Pretty impressive.  I know they both worked very hard for their respective degrees.

Audra's cap grafiti, Kim & Audra and Audra with all her pretty flowers.

I had been feverishly working on Audra's graduation quilt.  I almost made it.  Just need to add the binding and it'll be done.  I had to present it to her unfinished so I could get some pics while she was gowned up.  Ignore the absence of binding and it doesn't look too bad for something I decided to throw together 2 weeks ago.
Burgundy & Gold - school colors and a representational butterfly in the middle (her fav) of the year at the bottom.  You can click the pic to biggie-size it if you really want to see it better.

After a nice lunch with Kim and her Mom at El Burrito Loco...yes, the manager asked us hadn't we just been there the night before?  Then gave us the same table, LOL  We headed home for a little rest before the next party.  We had to be at a HS graduation for a friend's kid between 5 and 8.  Even though it rained during most of the party there were tents that sheltered us and we had a great time.

Not much knitting going on here the past few days.  Now that the quilt is nearing completion I can think about working on these awesome socks that Rena started. I love the color of the yarn.  The pattern is Monkey by Cookie A.
Gotta go finish fixing dinner and work on my winter/summer clothing change-over.

LittleDog says: "Every body have a crazy fun week!  That's what I'm gonna do...
ooo, help me, I can feel all the blood rushing to my head...

6 comments:

Grace said...

lots of doings at your home, sending best wishes and congratulations to all

Nichole said...

Love the quilt gift!

Love little dog... cute!

Channon said...

Luckily, you have friends who don't quilt and honestly can't tell the binding was missing. Looks lovely to me.

Congrats to all! Enjoy those milestones.

Nerdy Knitter said...

Little dog is crazy upside down, silly doggie!!! Fun birthday celebration!!!

Bubblesknits said...

Congrats to Audra and Kim on their graduation! Love the quilt. :)

Give Little Dog some smooches for me.

Margaret said...

Congratulations to your daughter and friend! You're right- quite an achievement. Beautiful quilt, too.

That picture of LittleDog got me laughing out loud!