Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday June 18, 2010

Work is kickin my behind!  I'm slowly getting the hang of my new duties though and in a couple weeks should have a good handle on things.  I could certainly use a bit more sleep...Sam decided he needed to barf in 4 different places around the house at 4am Thursday.  Made for a long day yesterday, I think I ran out of gas at about 2 in the afternoon.  Tomorrow my computer will move to my new office so I guess it'll be officially my office then.  With a nice southwestern view.  No more avoiding the windows so I don't accidentally get a glimpse of Naked Guy, ew.  I'll be sure to take some pics to show you next week.

On the fibery front, I've been working on a couple different things in the few spare minutes I've found this week.  The quilt has been basted...
 I've practiced on some scraps to see if I can actually do free motion quilting around the clouds in the sky...
 jury is still out on that though.  And I'm thinking all that basting was a waste of time.

The Monkey that I showed you last week has stalled because I'm not crazy about the pooling of the color after the heel turn and I started this little mitten...

isn't it cute?  Made out of sock yarn, flat on two needles...a fun change of pace.  This is the child size.

Be sure to check out the other fabulous fiber artists at Andrea's blog.

Have a wonderful weekend.  I'll be Bashin' on Saturday and hopefully getting some yard work done on Sunday, weather permitting.

Does this look like a sick dog to you?
 Me neither, but he sure made a mess around here.

4 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

I wished you lived closer to us too. I love the quilted clouds. I envy your quilting talent. I look at all the beautiful things my aunt has quilted for me and wish I had that skill but measuring and patience are two of my weak points.

Thank you for sharing.

Bubblesknits said...

Ooch. I hate waking up to find puke all over the house. Be it the child or cat variety, it's no fun.

Love the quilted clouds.

Channon said...

There's nothing worse than being awakened to THAT sound... and then having to clean it up too.

Hope you and Sam have had a better Saturday!

Nichole said...

HA - love the "sick dog" pic.
I understand... it seems Lola has taking quite a liking to 2am potty breaks lately..... YAWN.