Friday, June 25, 2010

So glad it's Friday!

Work continues to be daunting...let's celebrate Fiber Arts Friday instead, ok?

I have been doing some crochet.  Wanna see?

This is my favorite take out container, it's awesome for taking a nice big salad from home for lunch.  It's holding up pretty good so far but I have a difficult time finding a bag to carry it in as none are wide enough to allow my favorite take out container to sit flat...

 so I crocheted a bag especially for my favorite take out container...

Four skeins of Tahki Stacy Charles Cotton Classic, color # 3559 & #3703 held together, made up the pattern as I went along.  I think it is going to work perfectly.


Haven't accomplished anything else this week of the fiber variety.  Everyday when I get home I just crash from taxing my brain at work.  I know I'll stop and think a couple months from now that it wasn't all that bad but right now it seems pretty intense.  Starting at 7:30a, working through lunch and being just about the last one out of the building after 5pm...bleh.  It does make the work day go fast though and it is very interesting learning new things.  I'll be glad when I know "traffic"  as well as I know A/R.

Don't forget to stop in and say hello to Andrea and all the other Fiber Arts Friday peeps.  They're awesome!

LittleDog isn't liking the hot weather much but he's surviving.  He was even playing a game of hide n seek the other day...

all by himself!  LOL  It wasn't working out too well for him since he's still quite visible.

Have a great week, thanks for stopping by.

12 comments:

Kim said...

Love the bag!

Kathryn Ray said...

You girls and your crochet are causing me to think more about picking up a stick with a hook on the end.

The bag is awesome!

Dutch Hollow said...

Great bag! Your salad will arrive to lunch in style and without getting flopped over!

WonderWhyGal said...

I love the bag and Little Dog!

What a great idea for a passing dish. Maybe I should measure mine and knit a bag...Alpaca is insulating so that would be great for hot dishes. Of course it doesn't wash well so messy people would need to stay away.

Channon said...

Great bag! That last photo got me though... what a funny guy. Have a great weekend!

jessecreations said...

That bag is super cute! I love crocheting for that reason; it's fun and relatively easy/quick to just invent a pattern to meet a need. :)

Jess

Allison said...

Great idea! Crochet is great for creating structured pieces which is one of the reasons I like it.

Grace said...

your bag is adorable, I don't know enough about crocheting to wing that!!! What a great idea

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Thank-you for the good thoughts it meant so much and I love the pattern you did and the color is gorgeous you are super crafty;) Hugs Darcy

Margaret said...

Very clever! I like the bag. Haven't crocheted since the '70s but I'm thinking of teaching myself again.

Bubblesknits said...

What a fabulous idea! :) Love the color of it, too.

Nichole said...

Great idea - love the bag!