Friday, August 13, 2010

Finished Quilt

Happy Fiber Arts Friday everyone!  Thank you so much for coming to see my work and be a part of my life.  I started this post last night so I could be sure and get it posted early this morning.  I know some of you are early risers like me...

8/12/10:  It is 11:12pm and I just finished stitching down the binding and the quilt signed and photographed.  Tomorrow when there is better light I'll take better photographs but for now here it is.

with the original photo

here's a close-up of the "sprigs of grass"
and all rolled up you can see the back and all the little doggies

I truly enjoyed this project.  I hope the recipient enjoys it too.
Have a great weekend and be sure to do something fibery!

17 comments:

Channon said...

That is just STUNNING. What a special quilt! You are so talented...

Have a great weekend!

WonderWhyGal said...

That turned out so gosh darn beautifully! Hey, don't forget to link into to Fiber Arts Friday!

You are an amazing quilter.

Gnat said...

Wow...that is absolutely gorgeous!! What a great job!!

Grace said...

ally that is Amazing, congrats on a wonderful project, YOu will treasure those pictures in the future!!

Kristyn said...

That is an amazing quilt! Great job.

Kathryn Ray said...

I love the back and still I'm quite stunned by a quilt made from a photo.

Nice work!

Dutch Hollow said...

Great quilt. All that grass came out beautifully.

jessecreations said...

That's beautiful!!!

Jess

Ellen said...

OMG! That is quite unbelievably beautiful!
You are so talented. Really, I am in awe.

Teresa said...

Beautiful! Love the grass details. It's those little things that finish off a great project and make it fantastic. :D

Walden said...

That is incredible!

Bubblesknits said...

Wow. Just...WOW! That's a beautiful quilt.

Nichole said...

That is just AMAZING and as a dog Mom, I can tell you the recipient will be thrilled..... what an amazing gift to get!

Kim said...

AWESOME! That turned out great.

Linda said...

What an awesome quilt!

Gretchen said...

This is amazing! I can't imagine that the recipient would not love it and be thrilled to have it.

Rena said...

It's amazing!! That turned out so well you are so talented!! I adore you!