Tuesday, August 24, 2010

passing the time

I'm wondering what I used to do to pass time before I learned to knit...I'll have to find something by the 17th of September as I will be out of commission for knitting for awhile.  I have to have something removed...
Do you suppose it could be a little alien?bwah-ha-ha-ha

 Seems I have a cyst growing on the nerve of my left index finger.  Doc says it needs to be surgically removed...that means no knitting for me for awhile afterward.  eek!  I'm trying to think of any hobbies that I enjoy that only involve one hand and can't think of a single one.  Oh, wait!  Where's my stack of books?

Saturday was a fun trip to MFF with Kim.  It was great to see my ZPDK friends and pet some nice soft yarns.
I believe Kim may be a little afraid of Holly's needles, LOL 

We saw fiber giving animals
 and some amazing young spinners

I picked up really pretty fiber from Andrea's booth when she wasn't looking, ha!
and brought home a pile o' lovely yarn from several other booths...aren't they nice?
I'm hoping I'll actually get to knit them up some day, sigh

LittleDog has been keepin an eye on things out in the street...keeping us all safe...

these shots make me think of the promo pic for the movie Body Double, hehehe

Have a super-duper week everybody!  Thanks for stoppin by.

11 comments:

Margaret said...

LittleDog, you look so mysterioso in the shadows! How dramatic. Hehe

You came home with a great haul of stuff!

Margaret said...

Oh, I forgot....Hope your hand is better and you're back to knitting soon!

Channon said...

Good luck with that surgery. Looks painful... I've been really enjoying reading lately, to the point I've not been knitting!

Rena said...

Ut oh i hope it isn't an alien. How long are you forced to be out of commission? I am sure you will get lots of books read!

WonderWhyGal said...

Wishing you a safe surgery and quick recovery. It was so much fun seeing you at Fiber Fest!

Nichole said...

Now that explains the photo on FB... wishing you a speedy recovery! But one hand... what about crochet??
Lovely fibery photos...
Lovely little dog photos!

Gnat said...

Looks like you had fun! Good luck with surgery.

Kathryn Ray said...

I hope your surgery is uneventful.

Regarding things to do... I was gonna say read, but you got that already. So how about paint or draw pictures or take photos

Tamara said...

Best wishes on your surgery. I hope you are back at knitting soon.

Caryn said...

Sure you can still knit. Just stuff the end of the left needle into the top of the bandages (on the back of your hand). Use the throwing method with your right hand and voila! Welcome to the world of fiber addiction! What is the lovely batt made out of? Hope everything goes well and your recovery is speedy.

Kim Wood said...

I do look very frightened. Also, I so don't remember you buying the green yarn. Hmmmm....

One of the guys here at work had a cyst removed and it was no big deal.