Friday, October 8, 2010

Fiber Arts Friday 10 08 10

It's Friday already?!  I know there are a bunch of folks over at Wisdom Begins In Wonder that can't wait to tell you what they've been doing this week with fibery stuffs.  Be sure to give them a visit.

This week has flown past and it doesn't feel like I've accomplished much.  Although I have turned the heel on my current sock,
I spun more of Andea's black Suri
and managed to see a bunch more art...Katarzyna Rzontkowska,
 
  Elaine Tolsma Harlow,
 artist not known

Judy Rogers
 Fionna Potter
Not bad for the week, I guess.

Poor ole Sam is battling allergies again, just like most of the people I know.  Last night he went for a vet visit, got his skin checked out and had a manicure.  He's never happy about the manicure.  We left with a bag full-o-stuff and a lot less $$ in our pocketbook.  I really think I should get a multi-dog discount, LOL

Well I hope all of you had a great week like I did.  Sometimes even when you feel non-productive, look around you and make a list and you'll find you've accomplished a lot. 

Have a great weekend everybody.  I'm hoping to catch just a bit more art before Art Prize closes on Sunday.   If my feet will carry me...

10 comments:

Kathryn Ray said...

That cloak is fabulous... and the giant fish almost seems necessary for living room art in a cabin or mountain home... and your spinning is lovely. :-)

Dutch Hollow said...

I like the giant fish best. You're right, every time I think I haven't done much in a week I always find a lot of little things that I did do.

Inspiration Fibers said...

Poor Sam. I agree with your thought on multi-dog discount! I think my vet should offer a punch card. She just laughs when I suggest it though! :)

Love your spinning as well!

WonderWhyGal said...

You make Art Prize so exciting because you letting me see all the individual pieces. I really wish I could have visited more while up in GR. I tried watching the telecast last night of the winners but...it was too drawn out.

I love how Taz is looking on your spindle.

Channon said...

Wondervet told me fall is the worst allergy season for dogs. Poor Sam... and your poor wallet!

Knot By Gran'ma said...

Seems like you had a great and fulfilling week. I like the piece with the eggs and birds the best. Thanks for sharing!

Tamara said...

Hey you inspired me to go to Art Prize. I saw the monk you described. He was amazing. Your description was very accurate! My fav. was at UICA the red floating disks.
Love your spindle!

Kathryn Ray said...

The Fish is 25 feet long... or tall?? Awesome!!

jessecreations said...

That's some beautiful art! I love those flowers outside, they're awesome!

Jess

Alpaca Farmgirl said...

So many cool things! Thanks for sharing. Way to go on the spinning. Go alpaca!