Friday, October 15, 2010

Surgery Day/Fiber Arts Friday 10 15 10

It's quiet in the house this morning.  The Saint is sleeping and so are two of three dogs.  If I sit here for at least 5 minutes the third (LittleDog) will be settled in and on his way to dreamland too.  First he has to make several spins, dig at the cushion to get it in exactly-the-right-place, then flop down and start snoring.

I've been wanting this day to get here and yet not.  Will be glad to have the alien removed from my index finger.  Surgery date has been changed twice...today is the day, really.  Not looking forward to being away from knitting/spinning for I don't know how long yet.  I'm sure I'll have a better idea on recovery time required when I get there a little after noon.  In the meantime I'll think about how much relaxing I'll be forced to do in the next few days, LOL.  We're certainly not going to discuss anything about cutting, more cutting, stitching and dressing unless you want to talk about making some new clothes...

I did finish the first of the red/black Summer Sox.  Love it!  Nice and flexible, not too heavy and a perfect fit.  Got some pics this morning, here are a few pics that illustrate the lace and the color.  Isn't it amazing what a difference lighting makes?

Ott-Lite lighting...

Incandescent + natural lighting...

the Ott-Lite shows the real color better but you can't see any stitch definition while the natural/incandescent lighting shows the stitch definition nicely but washes out the color.  I need more photography practice.  The yarn is Wildfoote from Brown Sheep Company...it is soft and vibrant.  It comes in lots of colors, I think I need more don't you?

I'm off to go check out all my fibery peeps at Wisdom Begins In Wonder.  Come along, you'll meet some really nice folks.

LittleDog and I too a walk by the river last Sunday when it was such a nice day.  He about sniffed himself silly.


Have a great day everybody!  Thank you so much for visiting.

12 comments:

Ellen said...

Hi Ally,
Wishing you best of luck with your surgery today. I hope the recovery is swift and you'll be back to knitting in no time. In the meantime, take time to take care of yourself.
Thanks for stopping by my fiber arts blog this morning.
Keep us posted on your progress, ok?

Melissa Plank said...

Feel better, I know it will be difficult to put your knitting aside!
P.S. I use my Ott-Lite to photograph my projects too, it really captures the true color. Then if needed I adjust the contrast etc, using a photo editing program.

Dutch Hollow Acres said...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Your sock loooks beautiful, great colors.

Kathryn Ray said...

Good luck with your surgery today. I hope it is no big deal.

I'm looking forward to your next post. :-)

Knot By Gran'ma said...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I love the colors in your socks.

Rena said...

Thinking of you today, hope it is quick and easy. Love you!

Inspiration Fibers said...

Good luck with surgery! It's nice that fiber keeps and will be there when you're ready again!

Bubblesknits said...

I hope the surgery goes well and you're back to knitting and spinning and sewing in no time!

Grace said...

thinking of you today and hope all went well with the surgery!!!!

WonderWhyGal said...

Hoping all went well with your surgery and you recover fast.

I love those socks. It is interesting to see what happens under different color lighting.

Margaret said...

Your sock is nice. I love the puggy pics! Bella does the same thing with the circles before plopping down. Must be a pug thing!
Good luck with your surgery, and I hope you're back to knitting soon.

jessecreations said...

I hope your surgery went well! At least you'll have some gorgeous socks to wear while you're resting. :)

Jess