Friday, October 1, 2010

FAF 10 01 10

Happy Friday everybody!  Thanks for coming back to see what's been happening around here.  Crazy days have passed with all the Art Prize goings-on.  There's also been fibery fun and even some fibery animals. 

Last Saturday was Alpaca Farm Days and I visited two farms, one local and one not-so local.  I enjoyed both farms and got some spinning done too.  Lots of pictures so I hope you have fast browsers...

My first spun-by-me yarn with some of Tamara's fiber waiting in the background.
 Andrea's alpaca fiber spun-by-me...isn't it pretty?  I love the blue in this black fiber
 beautiful chickens at Via Verde Farm
 Alpacas at Wonder Why Alpaca Farm
 Holly taught many a young fiber explorer to make felted balls
 and then she helped Kim wind her handspun yarn onto a niddy-noddy
 Terri brought her loom so folks could explore weaving fabric
 Kim and her handspun (isn't she super cute with her new short hair?)
 On Wednesday night I met up with a great group of folks at Urban Mill and did some serious sock knitting.
The dominating event of the past week and a half has been Art Prize.  There were some beautiful works of art and then there were pieces that were just plain fun.  Like Melanie Fischer's "Wishes"  I loved seeing this piece, it made me happy.
 Fire & Ice by Cynthia Peterson
 a piece from Norwood Viviano's First Generation Artifiacts...lace that will last forever, it's been bronzed.

Thank you for coming to visit.  I cherish the time each of you spends here, being a part of my life.  If you enjoy reading about fiber arts and seeing pics of great fibery/artistic stuff be sure to check out Fiber Arts Friday on Andrea's blog.  I promise you'll see some nice things and maybe even learn something new.

Have a fibery weekend!!

9 comments:

Dutch Hollow said...

Bronzed lace, now that's a new one. Thanks for all the photos!

knitwithsnot said...

It was so good seeing you at farm visit days!!

I agree Kim's hair is super sassy!!

I love your spinning! You have really got the knack!

Ok, I am now a comments hog!

Channon said...

LOVE Kim's new 'do! And the bronzed lace, your handspun, ...

Kathryn Ray said...

I've never heard of the ArtPrize. It seems like it a big deal.

The bronze lace is amazing.

... and I agree. Fiber Arts Friday is one of my favorite days. :-)

Knot By Gran'ma said...

Such talent... thanks for sharing. It all looks like such fun!

Caryn said...

Congrats on the spinning! And I love all the art pics!

WonderWhyGal said...

What a wonderful weekend and picking mine and Tamara's farm was a perfect mix.

I'm so jealous that you can visit Art Prize so much. I would have loved to visit the Bronze lace but...I won't be in GR for awhile.

Thank you again for visiting the farm. I hope you enjoy the Taz Suri blend.

jessecreations said...

Awesome photos! I absolutely LOVE the idea of bronzing the lace, too. :)

Jess

Melissa Plank said...

You have had a very busy and very fibery week!