Friday, October 29, 2010

Shh, don't tell...I've been knitting again

Just couldn't stand it anymore, had to cast on for this awesome hat I found on Ravelry.  The pattern is free which makes it oh-so-appealing to my cheap little heart.  Brambles Beret...quite snappy looking.  Using Cascade 220 in black...I'll need good light to work on this one, LOL


On the subject of the not quite healed hand...gigantic bandage off, stitches out, new tape and bandage on which I'll only have to put up with until Saturday.  I can't wait to give this hand a good scrubbing!  I am thankful that it seems to be healing on schedule and I'm able to type relatively well and as mentioned above...I can knit a few stitches...only a few though as my hand gets tired super fast.  But, 1 row a day is better than no knitting at all.

As I was drying my hair this morning I was hit by an old memory from way back...I was appreciating the fact that I can hold the blow-dryer in my left hand again long enough to blow out my hair...a little memory snuck into my head about how I used to stand over the register at home when I was 13/14 to dry my hair.  There weren't hand-held dryers yet and that was the only way I could dry my hair (upside down) to give it a little lift and body...can you imagine a time when there were no hand-held hair dryers?  It boggles the mind.

Where are you/what are you usually doing, when little thoughts like that pop into your head?
For the LitteDog lovers out there - and you know who you are - here are a few (dark/poor quality cellphone) pics of how LittleDog spent my surge-a-cation...
 




As you can see, he wasn't the greatest, most helpful nurse as he was asleep more than I was...but he was nice and snuggly all week.  Thanks for all your well wishes, I really do appreciate them.

As is the case on all Fridays there is a group of peeps who check into Fiber Arts Friday over at Wisdom Begins In Wonder that I'm sure will have some fun, interesting and educational fibery stuff for you to read about.  Be sure to give a visit and tell them hello.  I know they'll appreciate it as much as I do.  Thank you!

Have a great weekend, I may be picking up a few more sewing machines tomorrow...pics soon.

10 comments:

Kathryn Ray said...

Glad to hear you're doing well... and glad to see Little Dog was such a good snuggle buddy. :-)

Channon said...

The house of my first 11 years had floor vents, and yes, I stood over them to dry my hair, feet after playing in the snow, etc.

Glad you're recovering, knitting, and snuggling!

Gnat said...

Love the puppy pictures!! The hat is cute too!!

Melissa Plank said...

Good to hear you're on the mend, take it easy!

Ellen said...

So glad you're up to some knitting! Love the beret. I always feel the need to make a new hat each fall and that one might be good for me, too. Feel better!

Grace said...

I do remember a time when there were no hand held hair dryers and getting one of those bonnet type ones as a teen but now in the day of modern conveniences I let my hair dry au naturale!!

glad you are feeling better and knitting again!!

WonderWhyGal said...

tehehe, I love that little dog!

Glad to hear that you are getting motion back in the hand. I don't remember drying my hair over the register but the house I grew up in was over 100 years old and there were two registers in the living room. My sister and I would put our clothes in front of them before we went to bed at night then sit in front of them to get dressed in the morning. That worked until my parents deemed us too old to dress in the living room.

Knot By Gran'ma said...

Hee hee... cute doggy.

Happy to see you're able to knit again. Hope you heal up quickly. That pattern looks like it should go on my list of things to knit.

Nichole said...

So glad recovery is going well and that you're knitting again! :) Can't wait to see the hat finished!

Little Dog sure does make a cuddly nurse...

Bubblesknits said...

Glad to hear you're healing well! Moments like that come to me with certain scents. Like the smell of yellow cake baking or fresh cut grass mingling with coffee. :)