Friday, February 11, 2011

FAF 02 11 11


Hey!  Welcome, thank you for coming.  I hope I can entertain or motivate you while you're here.  I'd like to thank everyone for their kind comments and concern for LittleDog.  He is back to his sassy self these days, bullying Sam and spending inordinate amounts of time sleeping, preferably for him, while weighing down my lap.

Much to LittleDog's dismay I've been busy spinning this week.  Much of it done away from home.  I'll bet that Viv never travelled so much in her life.  She's certainly living up to her model name - Ashford Traveller.
 Counting Sheep Farm, Romney/Soysilk & BFL/Soysilk approx. 4 oz - 84 yds

Sunday I spent a few hours hanging with the Grand River Spinners at Biggby on the E Beltline.  We've gotten into the habit of taking over the second floor for most of the afternoon a couple of Sundays a month.  The group is steadily growing and becoming more fun each week.  I finished spinning the very pretty alpaca batt that I got from Andrea at WonderWhy Alpaca's.  It is such a pretty blue, makes me think of faded jeans, like we used to wear back in the 70s, when faded jeans were actually faded from wear and washing instead of chemical treatment.  The color wore to a soft pale blue, not the icky yellowish color you see on jeans today.

2 oz Via Verde Farm, Sunset alpaca
4 oz Wonder Why Alpaca Farm, Suri Alpaca/Merino blend, Lavendar/White

Wednesday night I met a few friends (Hey Rita, Heather, Susan, Sarah, SallyJo, Kelly, Gloria, Devon and a couple of ladies I didn't know and can't remember their names, sorry) at Yarn Hollow studio for some spinning, knitting and fiber petting.  I may have made a little purchase or 4...



Two braids of Merino/Bamboo/Tussah Silk blend 4 oz ea. and a couple of 8oz Spin Madness bags.  Heather's been spinning from one of Rita's Spin Madness and it is beautifully fun.

I should be able to make it to the Fiber Fiesta now without the need to buy any more fiber...uh, nevermind that I'm going to the Spinners Flock sale on the 19th...I'm just going to look...yeah, that's it!  Just lookin.

I've also managed to add a few rows to the sleeves of the Big Ass Sweater...
I've been working on it before work and during lunch.  I'm hoping to have it finished in the next couple of weeks.  I just need some large blocks of time to work on it and that's hard to find with all the spinning that's going on here.

Have a great week.  Have some fibery fun.  Go check out what the other participants in Fiber Arts Friday have been doing too.
Nothing cuter than a pug tail

19 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

Absolutely love all of the yarn you are creating! You are a spinning maniac! I wish I lived closer. I would totally be at Rita's all the time.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

CraftyCripple said...

I love that top skein. I think it will knit up beautifully. Oh how I wish I could spin - but I can't afford another hobby, I'm close to bankruptcy as it is!

fiberdance said...

Love all your yarn-how lucky to have so many spinners to meet up with-I'm trying to find people in my area-but having trouble getting it started.

Loco Lindy said...

That is a gorgeous skein of handspun!

Dutch Hollow said...

beautiful yarn! Those are my fav colors. Wow you've got a bunch of fiber to get through, should be fun though.

Nichole said...

LOVE that yarn........ LOVE!

Kathryn Ray said...

I love all those yarns! yum!

Melissa Plank said...

Nice spinning and it's all such beautiful fiber!

Channon said...

I was all excited about the spinning and fiber, and then you flashed that cute curlycue...

Ellen said...

I echo Andrea. You really are a mega-spinner!
The first skein is gorgeous. All of your work is wonderful.
Happy Fiber Arts Friday!
Ellen from the Times Union

Caryn said...

Oh wow, that green roving is so stunning!

Tamara said...

I love your skein. The colors go beautifully together. I have one of those mix bags too. I really like it. It is so much fun to blend or spin. Glad to hear little dog is doing better!

Alpaca Farmgirl said...

Not only do I love the yarn you're hand spinning and your super cute dog, but your photography is lovely too.

Love your whole blog!

AllyB said...

Thank you so much everybody. It's so much fun to spin and when the fun creates pretty things it's even better.

Inspiration Fibers said...

Gorgeous spinning! You are so busy! I really wish there was a spinning-friendly fiber shop close to me! But I love my guild!

Margaret said...

Love the colors in your yarn! You are really getting good at spinning.
I love a pug tail too. When Bella wags her's, we call it the "quivering donut". :)

Knot By Gran'ma said...

Yeah, the yarn is just stunning. Sounds like a blast spinning it up. Thanks for sharing and I'm looking forward to seeing your sweater as it progresses!

The Critter Ranch Llama Farm said...

your Yarn is Beautiful!
Glad your puppy is feeling better I hate when the critters are sick or just under the weather.

Donene said...

Can't wait to see the finished sweater!