Friday, February 18, 2011

It's melting...

The temperature has risen enough to melt off most of the snow and I can see from the back door that there's some work to be done out there in the dog yard.  ugh.


I've had some productive fiber time this week, mostly in the form of knitting.  I'm making pretty good progress on the Big Ass Sweater and I actually think I can let myself get excited about finishing it yet this winter.
I try to get little bits of time in on it...before work, at lunch, in the evening.  I told myself I couldn't start another knitting project until I get these sleeves done so I'm pretty focused...except that I keep making time for spinning.
 2oz. Alpaca from Via Verde Farm...130 yds of super nice yarn.

Are you a monogamous knitter?  Do you have several projects going all at the same time?  What was the most recent finished object to come off your needles?  I need some ideas for that pretty Sunset alpaca I just finished.

I got a new spindle in the mail this week...you may have noticed it at the top and here is a shot of the BLT side...
 1.7 oz drop spindle made by Laurel at Spinatude.  Isn't it cute?!  It even came with a side of fries.
Check out the other cool spindles she has in her Etsy shop (linky above).  It was difficult to decide which one I wanted.  I may have to go back occasionally to see what other pretty things she comes up with.

Tomorrow I'll be heading over to Chelsea (about 2 hours from home) for the Spinner's Flock Sale.  There will be fleeces, Michigan made yarns and lots of other fibery stuff to see and have.  My spinning friend, Paula, will be my co-pilot for the day.  The weather is supposed to be decent so I'm looking forward to the road trip.  I'll probably have some things to show you when I get back.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today.  Be sure to check out the other bloggers that participate in Fiber Arts Friday.  You never know what you'll find when you go exploring there.

and For all you pug lovers, here's a link to a blog I read every day...Puglet is awesome.

18 comments:

Dutch Hollow said...

I see puppy piles, paca piles and horse piles everywhere! I want the snow to come back and cover them up again.

Are you a monogamous knitter? Heck no, I'm a knitting tramp!

Channon said...

What a cute spindle! And no... I'm not a faithful crafter on any level. I have two wheels, each with fiber going, two spindles, and we won't talk about how many WIPs I have.

Loco Lindy said...

I am definitely a knitting tramp, too! You don't even want to know how many UFO's I have right now!

Inspiration Fibers said...

I just love Spinatude--what a great choice you made!!!
Love your handspun. I just finished this Switchback cowl http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/switchback-cowl and loved it! Enough lace to keep me interested, but not so much that I was thinking too hard (wouldn't want that!!).
I'm a polygamous knitter, sad to say. Left a few broken hearts along the way as well.

CraftyCripple said...

I always have multiple projects on the go at the same time. If I just knit one project all the time I get RSI! I need to be able change needl sizes and yarn thickness because I knit so much.

fiberdance said...

Cute spindle-not monogamous when it comes to any crafts-I think its ADD

Tamara said...

I like the fries! What a clever idea. And thanks for posting the 2 oz of fiber. It is really pretty.

Nichole said...

Have fun at the sale! :)

Mollyandollie said...

I'm only monogamous in my marriage. Knitting and spinning on the other hand, I am as trampy as they come!

Bubblesknits said...

Cute spindle! I didn't used to be a very monogamous knitter, but lately I have been.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Melissa Plank said...

I love those spindles and have a number of them in my favorites! Very cute!

Spinster Beth said...

Oh, if I could be knitting monogamous, I'd get SO much done! Currently seven WIPs.

Grace said...

The east coast is melting too--check out my blog and see my sister's ice disaster, love to check out your spinning!

Grace said...

The east coast is melting too--check out my blog and see my sister's ice disaster, love to check out your spinning!

WonderWhyGal said...

The spindle is adorable. You are gathering quite the collection there, aren't you?

I am a simple knitter. That damn sweater fka Baby plus one other project. tehehe

I wish I could go to spinners flock. Alas, another time. have fun.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

Kathryn Ray said...

I'm a Knitting Tramp too... 2-3 WIPs for me. Any more and I can't focus and it becomes stressful. Any less and I get bored. But I don't count spinning as WIP. lol.

BTW, I have a shovel and a 5-gallon bucket if you want to borrow for your yard pressies... ;-)

Heather Woollove said...

"monogamous knitter"...I just love that phrase!! I must be a monogamous felter, then! :)

Teje said...

Hello! Thank you so much for your lovely comment for my quilt!
I love all those beautiful colour yarns you make! I haven't tried spinning and couldn't find materials here but I'm sure it would be new obsessions if I ever try!
Hugs for your sweet pug!!!