Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I've adopted a Navajo Churro...

and you could too.  Check out their interesting story here on the Navajo Churro Sheep Association website.

If you think you might be interested in helping these stunning animals florish on a farm in Washington state give a look and consider it.  You can adopt a Navajo Churro, Angora Goat, Icelandic Sheep, Angora Rabbit,  Jacob Sheep or Black Welsh Mountain Sheep at the Wild Wool Farm Etsy store.  You'll get the reward of knowing you're helping a rare breed animal and a little package of raw fleece, processed fiber or yarn as a reminder of the nice thing you did.

Each listing in the shop tells what you get for your investment.  Check out Arlene's shop, maybe you'll fall for these animals like I did.

Arlene's having a contest this week with a skein of her art yarn as the prize, you can check that out on Ravelry.

Now I can't wait to get my sheep's picture and raw fleece...

4 comments:

Channon said...

That's really cool! If we weren't swamped with vet bills, I'd definitely like to do that.

Kathryn Ray said...

Oh, I love the Navajo-Churro sheep. They are very cool looking.

In the class where I learned to spin, we did a short workshop where we skirted, washed and picked a Navajo-Churro fleece. It was my very first experience with processing fleece.

I was living in New Mexico at the time where these sheep are more plentiful. That and the resulting Rio Grande and Navajo rugs were also easily found. :-)

Dutch Hollow Acres said...

Awe cute idea.

WonderWhyGal said...

I love that they let you learn a bit about each of the breeds. Great way to market the fiber too.