Friday, February 4, 2011

Fiber Arts Friday 02 04 11

Welcome back!  It's been a pretty crazy week but somehow I managed to get some fibery things accomplished.  I had a wonderful time spinning with the Grand River Spinners on Sunday at Biggby
Jared's Hat is finished

On my half snow day (see previous post) some yarn was plied
Many rows have been added to The Big Ass Sweater
and LittleDog got a vaccination that didn't agree with him.  He spent a lot of time like this
I'm happy to say LittleDog is feeling much better and more like himself today but I was a little nervous for awhile.

If you enjoy reading about fiber accomplishments be sure to visit my friends that participate in Fiber Arts Friday over at Wisdom Begins in Wonder.  I appreciate your kind comments.  Have a great weekend!

14 comments:

Dutch Hollow said...

What a cool idea for a hat! Do you have the pattern posted somewhere?

Heather Woollove said...

I agree with DH...very cool hat!!
It took me a second to figure out what was going on in that first photo, and then the 'aha' smile came. Excellent!

Spinster Beth said...

I too was baffled by that first hat photo ... I was thinking, 'whose head is shaped that way?!'

Nice work :-)

Nichole said...

Poor Little Dog!
LOVE that reversible hat...

Melissa Plank said...

It was big fun spinning! Great projects!

Kathryn Ray said...

A two-layered, reversible hat?!? Super cool... er warm for days like these. Great idea!

Word Lily said...

My wheel is calling me. Glad your puppy's OK!

WonderWhyGal said...

LOVE the hat! I wish I could make it to one of your spinning meetups. I do adore everyone I know in your group. I'm so glad you've found them. Glad Little Dog is feeling better. Those dogs sure know how to milk the extra attention, don't they?

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

Vivian said...

Thank you for introducing me to FAF (I saw the link on your blog first!) I knew I needed a kick to jump start my knitting blogging again. Hope LittleDog is better now. None of my dogs had reactions to vaccine but I've heard it happening before.

AllyB said...

Thanks everyone! I've added a link for Jared's Hat. If you don't have access to Ravelry let me know and I'll see if I can find a different way to link to the pattern.

fiberdance said...

I'll have to give that reversible hat a try-have been trying to get a spinning group together in my area-yours looks like such fun

Knot By Gran'ma said...

LOVE the hat. So cool! Also you have a pug? I'm seeing them everywhere and wondering if I'm meant to rescue one... anyway. Between the spinning wheels and the yarn and progress shots... well that was fun to read through.

Rena said...

oh little dog he looked so pathetic :) glad he is feeling better

Margaret said...

wow..glad to hear that LittleDog is ok. That must have been scary.
I do like that hat. It's two in one, eh?