Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Chez B Sno-pacolypse Feb 2, 2011

What a crazy day here at Chez B!  We woke up to a mess...


The Saint got the driveway clean enough to take me to work in his 4 wheel drive truck.  LittleDog does NOT like the snowblower, he spent most of the time hiding near the dining room table with his tail down.
 I was actually only 10 minutes late this morning.  I worked a little better than half the day then he picked me up to bring me back home; after we had a nice lunch at our favorite Asian restaurant downtown.

It was pretty deserted downtown today.  Only those folks that absolutely had to be there were moving about.  I certainly wouldn't have left the house this morning if it wasn't absolutely necessary.
The next few hours he spent cleaning out the rest of the driveway, waiting for the city plow to go through then dug out the end of the driveway, again.
The gigantic city plow got stuck and had to back up twice in order to get past our house.  While this band of snow-shovelers stood at the end of the driveway and watched...I know they had to be chuckling to themselves out there. 
That's The Saint in the orange hat and the rest are neighbors from up the street.

I know they were laughing again when the neighbor's plow guy got stuck and The Saint had to get his Dodge truck and pull out the Chevrolet snow plow, LOL.

So the sun is sinking in the western sky and the dogs are making their after dinner backyard run.

 It didn't take long for them to head back to the house.


It's been an exciting day for everybody.  Hope you all stayed safe and warm today.  And had a little fun too.
I'll be here, waiting for it all to melt...

4 comments:

Channon said...

Gretchen feels your little dog's pain. Low to the ground and snow aren't friends, although Fred, my big boy basset of the past, LOVED the stuff.

Vivian said...

I've been watching all the snow storm news, stay warm! extra snuggles for LittleDog ...

Rena said...

snowpocalypse snowmageddon oh my

florencemary said...

Wow, so much snow, and we thought we'd had it bad in the UK just before Christmas... I think the guys are quite enjoying themselves really - a bit of male-bonding, plus testosterone-vs-the-machine! Hope it's cleared up a bit now. X