Sunday, July 29, 2007

Happy Birthday Jared & Tammy!

Some yummy "Q" was polished off today. To celebrate our son and daughter-in-law's birthdays The Saint smoked up some fabo ribs and a couple of free-range chicken breasts and threw together the obligatory "egg-devils" to go with them, yum yum! I contributed a tomato/basil/feta cheese salad...We all pigged out and then went to Cold Stone for dessert. mmm-mmm Founder's Favorite is my favorite too!




Check out this nice shiny meat...doesn't that make your mouth water? Those chicken breasts were basted by the ribs...I'm sure that's not on my food plan, lol...Oh, well, isn't that what weekends are for? I'll be back on the walking regimen in the morning.





I've been making good progress on the Peach Freeze. I believe I'll have it done in a couple more days. It's gone quite well except for the fact that I didn't start the first 3 rounds correctly so it looks a bit bunched at the bottom where the seam is but, oh well. I'll know better next time. I'm already seeing one in a different color so I won't make the same mistake the second time. It's been a fun project and I think it's gonna look pretty good.

Here's a close up of the stitches. It will need a slight bit of blocking but not much. I am a bit tired of looking at this peach color yarn though. Guess that happens...

Max got a new haircut yesterday and she wanted everyone to see how good she looks with no hair! She's such a happy dog! Right on time too since it's supposed to be in the high 90s this week. It's tough wearing all that dog hair in the summertime! Phew!

Max says have a great week! Toodles

7 comments:

Nichole said...

Max looks adorable... and the food, OH MY... um, YUM!!??

Amy said...

Ribs....drool....love ribs....

Val said...

Max is such a good poser for the camera. She looks super cute with her new hair cut. That was some awesome meat. Super yummy!!! The peach top is coming along quite well and is going to be super cool. Can't wait to see it finished!!! Love you Momma

Val said...

Yummy. Max is super cute!! And such a cute poser. Can't wait to see your top when it is finished. Love you Momma!!

Alaina said...

Hey - thanks for the comment and thoughts sent our way...we are all safe - Just stunned when it hits so close to home...

Anonymous said...

Max is so cute! Oh yeah the ribs like delicious

Your dishcloth spoiler lurking in the bushes

sappmama said...

Oh my! I don't eat pork or beef but I'd make the sacrifice for some of those ribs. Dee-lish!

Thanks, Max, you cutie pie.