Monday, January 14, 2008

Chez B under quarantine...

These have been the tools of my trade the past couple of days...



The Saint has the flu. All together now...awwww, poor Saint! He's a wreck. But today he is less of a wreck than yesterday and we have hope for better things tomorrow. A large man with a hundred and two fever is not a pretty sight. (think 280 lb 8 year old) I'm glad that the fever broke about 10 this morning and he could at least sleep all afternoon while I snuck off to the office to get a bit of work done.

I'm hoping I won't have to sleep on the sofa again tonight. Guess I could wear some earplugs...do you think that's cold?

I bet he won't be whining next year when I tell him he should get a flu shot...

Well, I know you're probably sick and tired of looking at my EZ ASJ but here's another shot of it, off the needles - for a moment - the body is done, now I have to pick up the stitches at the end of the stumpy arms and make them long enough. I'm thinkin it shouldn't take me long to get them done. Certainly not as long as it has taken to get it this far, lol.

Here's a closer-up shot of the beau-ti-ful miter I did on the front, just don't be lookin at the neck miter, not so good...

Now that it's almost finished what do you think of the colors we chose?

Well, I didn't get 3rd place in the Knitting Daily drawing, drat! There's still 2 places left though. I'm keepin my fingers crossed.

Thanks everybody for stoppin in to say hey. You know I love havin comp'nee. I even had a visit from someone I've never heard from before. Yay!

I really appreciate all the nice comments about my sock bag. Yep, Rena wanted it, real bad, but she's not gettin it! I'll have to show her how to make her own, yeah, in her spare time, ROFL.

I'm off to say hey to a few of my blogging friends. Now don't be rushin around cleanin up...cause...you're family...

Hope you all have a great week.

8 comments:

Christie said...

I really like the colors!

clarabelle said...

I think your ASJ is amazing, Ally, and I absolutely love the colours! I assume it's for you? And you know, if you don't want to wear it, you could always hang it as a piece of art.

Hope the big guy is recovering? Men and flu - if you fuss over them, you're wrong and if you leave them to it, you're still wrong. Get those earplugs in!

Amy said...

Aw, poor Saint. Is he a typical male (as in, sick is trauma/drama time)? I love my DH, but oh, when he gets sick...I think I married my father. My mother always says--and it's true--that when my father gets the sniffles, he starts to limp.

Linda said...

Earplugs? Cold? No, cold would be making *him* sleep on the couch. You have to take care of you too.

The ASJ looks great!

Chris said...

That is beautiful! I just love the colors!

Purl said...

Wow! The ASJ is gorgeous!

Birdsong said...

I do feel for him, but also for you, having been the nurse last week. Your miters look fabulous:)

wildflower38 said...

Nice ASJ!

Puffs makes a tissue that has Vicks vapor rub on it. The Saint might like them. I know I did.